H.I.D. Conversion?!

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
I want to convert my headlights to HID lights. I've been wanting to do this for about 6 months now and haven't quite got everything together yet. Currently i have the B.O.I. Smoked headlights and was just going to get the 9007 conversion for those headlight housings. I've read a lot though that it causes much glare and distracts other drivers. Now I'm trying to think of an alternative. I went looking for a projector headlight (me assuming this solves the glare problem?) and have found no luck finding a smoked headlight thats looks decent. The one set i've found are extremely ugly IMO <Click Here>. The reason I'm switching over is because the area i live around has many backroads with a lot of deer. Seeing clearly at night (with highbeams on) is very difficult to accomplish with just normal bulbs (Silverstars). My next move was to have someone custom fab the projectors into the headlights i have now and go that route. Does anyone have any info on this stuff?! Someone hopefully more knowledgable on this subject then I am!! BTW this is the compnay i was going ot order the conversion kit from: <Click Here>

badass98svt

Reaction score
I've been looking into the HID route as well. And possibly also the Projector lights.
Here's a couple options I found On Ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-9...tegoryZ33710QQihZ005QQitemZ150073115023QQrdZ1
I honestly don't see why you would want tinted headlights when you are installing HIDs. They won't be as bright.

I want a chrome housing, so these are ones i would go with.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-9...tegoryZ33710QQihZ016QQitemZ260067031506QQrdZ1

Then here is a step by step on how to mod your stockers with an HID projector. Scroll down the page to the date 11/15/02 and click "Audi Bi-xenon"
The owner is a current member on SVTP.

http://cobrasvt.com/index.asp

OP
OP
S

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
I see what your saying about them being tinted, but i don't wanna loose that look. Those black housing ones actually look perfect except the fact that i'm unsure about quality. That write-up looks to be too much of a pain in the arse but the results would be exactly what i'm looking for. I think i might go with the black houseing ones you linked to on e-bay. Another concern is which bulb is used in the projector on the "e-bay" ones. That way i make sure i get the right conversion kit. So much to think of :santa_cheesy:

badass98svt

Reaction score
I believe you would need a 9006 HID kit.
PM the guy on Ebay and ask him.

tommybunz

Reaction score
i got HID's on my 95 out of a 06 lincoln ls i had to silicon the bulbs in but the damn things are great. other drivers can go to hell.

NE way if your driving a mustang cars should always be behind you. lol

but oncoming drivers only have to deal with it for a few seconds. look into the dual beam HID kits w/ high & low beams

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Making the jump to proper housing hids= ugly headlights. Smokes look 100 % better, but if you want to see better at night than your just gonna have to learn to like the projectors. ASk SRT Handz what he did with his hids b/c i think he still has stock headlights with hids.

Good lucks.

badass98svt

Reaction score
I installed my B-Xenon HID kit a week or so ago.
The headlights are VERY bright. However the high beams aen't as bright as the headlights.
I still need to make sure the lights are adjusted properly though.

kspilly

Reaction score
Here are my retrofitted Mercedes bi-xenons in blue oval smoked headlights:
abccobra.jpg

S8006732-1.jpg

I did these myself, and it's really not too hard. It just takes some time and patience to do correctly. I basically read up here http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/ then went to work on my own. I did my first retrofit on my hooptie Grand Cherokee well over a year ago, so the Cobra had to have them to. I couldn't stand the stock halogen lighting at night.

The hooptie:
Picture082.jpg

Picture079.jpg

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
MY hids aren't bright as everyone makes it to be. Im not sure why :(

badass98svt

Reaction score
Twista, Have you checked to make sure they are aligned correctly?
After the car ias lowered, the lights need to be raised.

Demolisher

Reaction score
i just bought the HID's 12k and man are they bright ill post pics later :banana:

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Steve-oh, your stang is the wallpaper on my cell phone 8) lol

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
badass98svt said:
Twista, Have you checked to make sure they are aligned correctly?
After the car ias lowered, the lights need to be raised.

my car ins't lowered, but there not bright at all. I guess they aimed correct up and down, but im not sure how to aim it LEFT or right.

my halogen high beams are still brighter and show alot more of the road than my damn low beam hids. :'(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online