hard tops for convertible mustangs?

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
yeah I'm pretty sure the guy was bullshitting everyone but whatever, from what I found online it doesn't look like it takes much to install a Ford hardtop on a regular vert, not sure about the rear mounting points though.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
the tops use the vert latches when the top is down.
You should be able to put the top on anything. but like everyone else said. It was a premium option for cobra buyers only.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The Carbon Fiber finished one would probably be different. Not worth $2000 different but interesting.

95opal

Reaction score
the tops use the vert latches when the top is down.
You should be able to put the top on anything. but like everyone else said. It was a premium option for cobra buyers only.

Actually theres something that has to be fabed for the rear lock downs. Cant remember exactly what it was. If I remember Ill ask my buddy who actually has a Oem cobra top

95opal

Reaction score
Didn't think it was fabbed as much as you need to mount the rear latches to the body.

Well unless the guy your buying the top from decides to try and strip the mounting assembly off his car chances are youll be fabricating your own set up. Any top Ive ever seen for sale or not on an oem cobra have not come with the assembly

Nealgobert

Reaction score
No fabrication is required. I only had to drill two holes in the pillar covers for the latches to extend through, which took two minutes basically. As far as the wiring for the integrated dome light and rear defrost, well I never connected it. Since I have it installed it on a 94 the harness may very well be there (I think I saw it once when working on the car prior to installing the top) but I've never taken the time to look. But all five latches work without any modifications to the car, save the two holes in the plastic pillar cover (which is not visible with either top in place)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online