Hellion now has our back...

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
my96gtstang said:
thats the problem with turbos for mustangs, its not as common as it is on a civic so its HELLA expensive. turbos make more power then superchargers. superchargers are nice but im more of a turbo person. i was considering doing a turbo setup or maybe even a TT setup on my stang one day but the cost is to much so im prolly gunna go with a D1SC Intercooled Procharger setup or maybe this Retrox thing in the works. Turbos are FTW all day long but price is FTL all day long....

price out your procharger, and full front suspension and then get back to us on the price...its still gonna be real close to the cost of turboing your car.

yeah for the price of JUST that hellion kit when i could do suspension and blower.... dude trust me, i love turbos. id go turbos all day long as you can see in my post. Turbos FTW. but money talks. you can build a cheaper setup that still puts out damn good enough power for a nice street car..... yeah

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
yeah for the price of JUST that hellion kit when i could do suspension and blower.... dude trust me, i love turbos. id go turbos all day long as you can see in my post. Turbos FTW. but money talks. you can build a cheaper setup that still puts out damn good enough power for a nice street car..... yeah

the hellion comes with a whole front suspension...a procharged D1sc is like $4500 and add the front suspension to that. plus you are gonna want better headers to have a better flowing exhaust, which can be a decent amount too. so really they are very close to being the same price.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
my96gtstang said:

the hellion comes with a whole front suspension...a procharged D1sc is like $4500 and add the front suspension to that. plus you are gonna want better headers to have a better flowing exhaust, which can be a decent amount too. so really they are very close to being the same price.

exactly :-X

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
i forgot the turbo kit came with the front suspension.
hrm... idk, its still WAY to expensive for me.
i know people runnin stock suspensions with a procharger kit on stock motor on 10 psi and havin no problems....

Whistler98

Reaction score
I love my procharger! O0 But have never reall been in a turbo car.

Hey my96gtstang what size hood is that on your car? I like how it looks my buddie had one like that but it was to high yours looks good.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Whistler98 said:

Hey my96gtstang what size hood is that on your car? I like how it looks my buddie had one like that but it was to high yours looks good.

Once you've gone turbo you will NEVER go back.. I've NEVER seen a blower car thats only making about 480rwhp spin the tires @ 80mph in 3rd gear like my car does. And i've only got about 5* of timing and running 10:1 A/f ratio b/c of the conservative break-in tune..

I LOVE MY TURBO!! now it just better do what im hoping, or i'm going to twins!

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Whistler98 said:

i got it from cervini's, its the cobra r cowl hood. i believe its like a 2 inch cowl? not sure lol, cant remember off hand

voidfinger

Reaction score
yea, cervine's is the best hoods you can buy. I got the stalker and the installer said he has never seen an aftermarket hood fit so well.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
yea, cervine's is the best hoods you can buy. I got the stalker and the installer said he has never seen an aftermarket hood fit so well.

i hear you on that. was worth every penny!!

OP
OP
D

Daywalker

Reaction score
Well, the thought of gettin a turbo is looking a lot better. The people down at Texas Hotrods have been giving me the run around for the last two weeks! I haven't been able to get ahold of my rep for well over a week, and the 4-6 week build/ship time has come and gone. I'm calling first thing in the morning to cancel the order and get a refund. Time to start saving again I guess, but Hellion here I come!!! :dancing6:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Daywalker said:
Well, the thought of gettin a turbo is looking a lot better. The people down at Texas Hotrods have been giving me the run around for the last two weeks! I haven't been able to get ahold of my rep for well over a week, and the 4-6 week build/ship time has come and gone. I'm calling first thing in the morning to cancel the order and get a refund. Time to start saving again I guess, but Hellion here I come!!! :dancing6:
you may want to look into the kits Thomas_W might be making, save you some moneys.

OP
OP
D

Daywalker

Reaction score
Is there a link to a thread or something where I can get more info? It took me almost four hours before anyone in customer service would answer the phone. Once I did get someone, they told me that I couldn't cancel the order because they're already building my kit. Can I not do anything about this? I'm so pissed...... :mad:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
how did you pay?

and the thread is in the "garage"...im too lazy to get the link ;D

OP
OP
D

Daywalker

Reaction score
I guess I started a fire under someone's ass, because they called me today and told me it's due to ship today, and they'd have a tracking number for my first thing tomorrow morning. I guess the thought of losing a sale got someone off their ass...

voidfinger

Reaction score
lol who is that so i know not to do business with them. that sucks that you have to cancel the item to get them to send it out. :(

OP
OP
D

Daywalker

Reaction score
Texas Hotrods. Be afraid, be very afraid. Their customer service is worse than the outsourced Dell tech reps in India......

OP
OP
D

Daywalker

Reaction score
Well, the time has come. I'm going to pick up my Procharger from Fedex today, and I've already got a shop that says they'll install it for $700. That Hellion kit is gonna cost me probably double that to get it installed. For my power goals, I'm still trying to figure out which would be the best way to go. But the fact still remains, I'd LOVE the idea of having a turbo... :dancing6:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online