Hello from Salinas California!

AldenG

Reaction score
Hey all. I've had my Stang for a few months now, so I figured it was about time to join a forum.

I'd just sold my Miata, and was looking for a new car. The Miata had very minor crash damage and was leaking oil pretty bad. I didn't know a lot about engines back then, so I sold it to buy something that needed less work. I wanted RWD, Manual, and 4 seats. So I bought my Mustang. Now, despite what I thought I was getting, it needed more work engine-wise than the Miata did. Long story short, I know a fair bit more about engines now...

It sat in my driveway for weeks while I waited for my parts to come in. And I thought I'd made a huge mistake. But a few months later, the SN95 has really grown on me, and I love it.

It's a 1997 V6 with a 5 speed Manual. Not a GT, but meh. Whatever.

Here are some pics of it. I did repaint it, because the original paint was FAR beyond saving without some serious proffessional equipment. My budget was low, so Rattlecans. Not the best way to paint a car. But no matter what, it looks better than the old paint.

Always liked two-tone, always liked fender stripes.

This is where you can really see the rattlecan job. The hood is the worst area by far, and I plan on redoing it as soon as possible. The white turned out good though. And the stripes are just Plastidip. I plan on doing the rims black too, but I haven't had time. I know it's a bit rice, but whatever.

I do plan on modding the car, and I'll mainly focus on suspension and minor engine bolt-ons. First step will probably be getting rid of the jeep-like wheel gap with some lowering springs.

Well that's all. I hope to gain much important knowledge during my stay here!

-Alden G

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Welcome to the site! The white turned out pretty good, the hood you could probably correct with some wet sand sponges. Enjoy the forums and keep us posted on your progress with the car

Mustanger

Reaction score
I always like a white Mustang for some reason.... So glad you are having fun....One of my best memories was running a Miata with a rental 98 Mustang 6 cyl... on a curvy canyon freeway here in Oregon.....the Miata took me in the curves but not by much & I just kept the Mustang floored on the straights & repassed everytime. Wasn't a long run but both had immense fun & traveled together until I had to exit...We both gave thumbs up & appreciated each other!

Reaction score
I always like a white Mustang for some reason.... So glad you are having fun....One of my best memories was running a Miata with a rental 98 Mustang 6 cyl... on a curvy canyon freeway here in Oregon.....the Miata took me in the curves but not by much & I just kept the Mustang floored on the straights & repassed everytime. Wasn't a long run but both had immense fun & traveled together until I had to exit...We both gave thumbs up & appreciated each other!

Racist

Lol jk

OP
OP
A

AldenG

Reaction score
No kidding.:shocked: You must be one hell of a driver to keep up with a Miata in a stock '98 V6. That's pretty cool.

Mustanger

Reaction score
LOL...it was an older Miata ( old back in 98) & not much power that I could tell...maybe he was a poor driver? I'm no superman but very aggressive in a contest & have always loved hitting the curves. He always got me in the curves where he had the advantage plus the road was mostly uphill.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Most likely a bot, we will look into it.

Also, welcome aboard! Good starting platform!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online