Hello from sunny, San Diego!

Clutch Cargo

Reaction score
I’ve been lurking on and off here for the last several months so I felt it was time to get in here and introduce myself.

Got my start in Stangs when my parents bought the first one in 1964. I learned some of my driving skills from it, as it was. I then got a 1972 for a few years. Life got in the way for the next 20 so when I moved back to the USA from Europe I heard about a new Mustang that would be coming out after Ford was about to discontinue the model. It was the 1994 “Bruce Jenner” if I remember correctly. I was intrigued, so on a business trip to Southern California (where I was born and grew up), I decided to rent one and see if I liked it. Think this was around June of ’94. So I got a white V6 convertible and took it around the coastal beaches. I LUVED IT! And the looks it got. Remember, people had not seen one of these in real life yet. I’d pop into a store, come back out and there would be a small crowd of people around it. I was sold.

So I bought my Laser Red, Convertible GT on August 27, 1994 in Virginia (I was living outside of DC), for $23,400.00. I almost went for Cobra but to be honest I did not care for the white instrument panel, ha! It had 83 miles on it. It now has over 300,000. Attached are a couple of photos of it.

My 94 just after purchase Aug 1994.jpg

My 94 just after purchase Aug 1994 2.jpg

Now I wish these pictures were just taken, but actually, these are about 28 years old (almost to the day), about a week after I purchased it. Still has the dealer plates.

Still have it and she’s been a great ride for all those miles. Been all over with her… from the northeast down to Key West and I drove here from the East Coast to the West Coast when I moved back to Cali.

Now being an “old geezer”, I am spending my time on restoring her back to her original glory. Living in an apartment and not that good with a wrench, I have to let mechanics do most of the heavy lifting but I try to have fun and do smaller jobs that I think I can handle. Just put in new carpet and about to replace a regulator.

And being in SoCal, you can forget about pumping in some extra horsepower and all the goodies you guys do here. But that’s ok, I use that as my excuse, ha! I’m using it now as more of a nice weekend sports car… drive it only about 3000 miles a year. Just had the engine rebuilt ($5-6K), and just about every system has been either replaced or rebuilt. This year will be a new saddle tan leather interior and then a new paint job next year and I think she’ll be good for another 5 years where I will then put her out to pasture.

Luv the forum and reading/seeing what incredible work and ideas are created here. Keep it up!

marcus

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I’ve been lurking on and off here for the last several months so I felt it was time to get in here and introduce myself.

Got my start in Stangs when my parents bought the first one in 1964. I learned some of my driving skills from it, as it was. I then got a 1972 for a few years. Life got in the way for the next 20 so when I moved back to the USA from Europe I heard about a new Mustang that would be coming out after Ford was about to discontinue the model. It was the 1994 “Bruce Jenner” if I remember correctly. I was intrigued, so on a business trip to Southern California (where I was born and grew up), I decided to rent one and see if I liked it. Think this was around June of ’94. So I got a white V6 convertible and took it around the coastal beaches. I LUVED IT! And the looks it got. Remember, people had not seen one of these in real life yet. I’d pop into a store, come back out and there would be a small crowd of people around it. I was sold.

So I bought my Laser Red, Convertible GT on August 27, 1994 in Virginia (I was living outside of DC), for $23,400.00. I almost went for Cobra but to be honest I did not care for the white instrument panel, ha! It had 83 miles on it. It now has over 300,000. Attached are a couple of photos of it.

View attachment 19617

View attachment 19618

Now I wish these pictures were just taken, but actually, these are about 28 years old (almost to the day), about a week after I purchased it. Still has the dealer plates.

Still have it and she’s been a great ride for all those miles. Been all over with her… from the northeast down to Key West and I drove here from the East Coast to the West Coast when I moved back to Cali.

Now being an “old geezer”, I am spending my time on restoring her back to her original glory. Living in an apartment and not that good with a wrench, I have to let mechanics do most of the heavy lifting but I try to have fun and do smaller jobs that I think I can handle. Just put in new carpet and about to replace a regulator.

And being in SoCal, you can forget about pumping in some extra horsepower and all the goodies you guys do here. But that’s ok, I use that as my excuse, ha! I’m using it now as more of a nice weekend sports car… drive it only about 3000 miles a year. Just had the engine rebuilt ($5-6K), and just about every system has been either replaced or rebuilt. This year will be a new saddle tan leather interior and then a new paint job next year and I think she’ll be good for another 5 years where I will then put her out to pasture.

Luv the forum and reading/seeing what incredible work and ideas are created here. Keep it up!

marcus
I think now technically you are supposed to call it the "Kaitlyn Jenner" version. :)

My stang was the 2nd of the new generation in a small indiana town and for the first few months you would have thought it was a ferrari with all the looks, comments and challenges it got. It was a fun time for sure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online