help me build my motor

strokn50

Reaction score
im going with the boss 302 block, all i know for sure of what i want is forged internals with a 3.400'' stroke, im thinking afr heads, maybe trick flow intake, cant decide on a lot of things, help me decide from top to bottom, this is gonna be in a 95 gt, and i want it to be able to be a daily driver with high numbers

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
How much money do you have to pay for all of this? Really.

What are your current mods?

OP
OP
S

strokn50

Reaction score
i dont really have a budget for this i figure it will take about a year to build, all i have right now is pullies cai, shorties and off road h, mac cat back, 3,73's eaton posi and 31 spline axles, i plan to ditch the shorties for long tubes

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I'm really not trying to be a dick, but let me put this frankly...

Lots of people come onto a board and say "Hey, I'm going to build a motor that makes a gazillion horsepower" but they don't have the time, money, or know-how to do so. This may or may not apply to you. However, some folks may not want to spend the time delineating a combination for what ulimately amounts to a pipe dream.

That may not be the case with you. I'm just providing an observation based on past experiences.

Paul.

tooslow

Reaction score
if you do build an engine based off the new boss 302, which isn't a hard thing to convince people of, the only real suggestion i'd give is the bottom end combo.

the new boss block can be bored out to 4.125" safely, and that when you get a boss engine it is an unfinished block that needs to be bored out anyways, so i say go with a 4.125" bore and a 3.2" stroke.

347ci with a better rod ratio than a 4.03" bore and 3.4" stroke 347ci.

that will make everything else about the engine so much better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online