Help me pick a receiver!

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
From the list above? Kenwood, all day.

For me? I’ve been using the same Alpine deck since 2009. I’d pick Pioneer as my first alternate choice.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
some decks it is that easy, others there is an add-on you need to put in. I can't remember what I did now that I think about it. If you can find the wiring diagram for the deck I can tell ya.

dalpoas83

Reaction score
Maybe I’m wrong but seems like to me the ground had to be switched on my old one. Like it was intended to run to your emergency brake ground because it grounds when you engage it and that kept you from watching while moving. Maybe they’ve change it that was early pioneer double din.

Last edited:

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Maybe I’m wrong but seems like to me the ground had to be switched on my old one. Like it was intended to run to your emergency brake ground because it grounds when you engage it and that kept you from watching while moving. Maybe they’ve change it that was early pioneer double din.
lol THOSE were the easy ones, some of the more advanced versions also had a foot brake and required you to activate the parking brake on/off/on while holding the foot brake, and then leave them both on.

Procharged87

Reaction score
Kenwood or Pioneer if you care about firmware updates. The Kenwood you selected was a good choice. Unless a product hits the shelves and it’s perfect, you may or, more likely, may not get any firmware support for it. We have 7 vehicles here all with some sort of aftermarket receiver (varying brands) but, for the important ones, they all have either a Pioneer or a Kenwood because I know if there is some sort of functional issue with the receiver that is software related, I will get a firmware update to correct it. To illustrate, we put a relatively inexpensive Dual with CarPlay in my youngest daughter’s car so she could have GPS and CarPlay features to help keep her focused on the road and it’s got an issue where the call volume drops out on about 2/3rds of the CarPlay calls. Updated firmware twice and neither fixed the issue and now they don’t even offer firmware updates for it anymore. I’ve got a Pioneer in my Scion xB that’s a few years old that still gets firmware updates on occasion. For my Mustangs, I would not put anything but a quality Kenwood or Pioneer in them.

Procharged87

Reaction score
If your Kenwood or Pioneer requires that the parking brake ground be switched and you don’t want to wire it to the parking brake, just grab an inexpensive bypass off of eBay.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Venompower

Venompower

Reaction score
Should be here any time, just need to grab a USB cable and I think I’ll be ready to install.

PDubism

Reaction score
Purchased a Kenwood DMX 907S for ‘04 GT that I’m prepping to install and just watched below YT video about grounding the parking brake wire for Kenwood head units

OP
OP
Venompower

Venompower

Reaction score
There is enough room to add some usb ports below the deck if you wanted to.
What would you use to mount a USB port there? I just ran the USB female port off the head unit out of the trim between the driver seat and ash tray area. I was trying to come up with a solution to run it to the center console so everything is hidden but I'm brand new to all of this.
Purchased a Kenwood DMX 907S for ‘04 GT that I’m prepping to install and just watched below YT video about grounding the parking brake wire for Kenwood head units

Found out that the trade off for capacitive touch with the Kenwood, is that I believe the only screen sharing is for Android. So unfortunately no real video access for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online