Help my Foxbody

TanTop94

Reaction score
Ok well my Dads but Ive been attempting to get alittle more info on why this thing runs the way it does and a few things that could be changed about it to make it run better. Its been awhile with this thing..Im going through all of the receipts so give me a break lol.

Ok so a 1989 Mustang GT vert with a 347 stroker, Worldclass t-5 tranny, built 373 rear....to break that down some...

Just found a link for the kit it looks like he bought...http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hly-300-501-1

Engine
Holley Commander 950 PRO
Holley 70mm TB
Holley 70mm EGR spacer
Holley Systemax Upper and Lower Intake
Holley adjustable Fuel pressure regulator
1.6:1 roller rockers
MSD Dist
Holley Annihilator Ignition system
Holley Aluminum Heads - http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hly-300-575
Lunati Cam 276/280 221/223- I believe this is the cam
30 or 36lbs Injectors
High Pressure Oil pump
Holley 190 lph pump
Moroso Oil Pan
UD Pulleys
Battery relocated to trunk
Hardened Push Rods

Transmission
Worldclass t-5 tranny
Spec Stage 2
Adjustable Quad

Exhaust
BBK equal length short heads
BBK catted xpipe
Dynomax catback

Im not sure if Im being picky about this car but this thing can be all over the place the problems are as included...

-If your not on the gas at all time it bucks, very hard actually.
-Oil coming through upper intake, actually dripping out of the CAI (High pressure oil pump,
-Breaks up in higher RPM, not getting enough fuel?
-Battery barely charges, UD pulley?
-Oil fouled all the plugs- just replaced with new wires as well.

If theres any more info you guys need to give me alittle more insight let me know! I have a whole disorganized book on this car:D

OP
OP
TanTop94

TanTop94

Reaction score
Is the car tuned?
Is the pcv set up properly?
Are you getting a good ground to the battery?

The car was dyno tuned, not sure who did it though. PCV could be the problem...not really sure how to properly set it up though. Never really messed with it. Im gonna check the ground on the battery and see how they set that up with it being in the trunk.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
The pcv should be routed similar to that of the sn. Valve cover inlet to the intake tube. Pcv to upper intake vacuum.

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
I might point to the MSD dizzy being your issue with the breaking up. Also, what plug wires and have they been replaced? I tend to lean toward the fouled plugs and breaking up an ignition issue and not fuel. What is base fuel pressure set at with the vacuum line disconnected?

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
Agree but fouled with oil I don't think it's ignition related.
Yeah valid. Hard to tell if its oil, unspent fuel or just a combo of both without being there. I have been fooled by what appeared to be oil but was miles of unspent fuel buildup which is why I lean toward ignition.

OP
OP
TanTop94

TanTop94

Reaction score
Compression test

Well this should be fun lol.

I might point to the MSD dizzy being your issue with the breaking up. Also, what plug wires and have they been replaced? I tend to lean toward the fouled plugs and breaking up an ignition issue and not fuel. What is base fuel pressure set at with the vacuum line disconnected?

Ill run out and check in alittle, I should be doing school work right now but eh everyone needs a break. I know the plugs and wires were just replaced like a month ago. Id have to check, like I said I dont have all the info right on hand lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online