Help with muffler selection

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm having some trouble deciding on a muffler. [MENTION=13575]9838stang[/MENTION] i'd like to know what exhaust you're running and an exhaust clip if you could since i know you have a stock 3.8. anyone else with a stock 3.8, please let me know what your set up is!
anyone else, i'm open to suggestions. thanks!

OP
OP
belber095

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
ill try to get better ones soon
sounds good dude. much appreciated.

this video sold me on the mac setup however long ago, but i've heard awful things about fitment, plus i won't use the tips.. so i don't know D:
[video=youtube;JxJYCcHxytI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxJYCcHxytI[/video]

Rallim

Reaction score
Anything but flowmasters. Personally I'm fond of magnaflow and borla's. No idea how bassani would sound on a V6, but I LOVE them on the 5.0's.

OP
OP
belber095

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
Anything but flowmasters. Personally I'm fond of magnaflow and borla's. No idea how bassani would sound on a V6, but I LOVE them on the 5.0's.
that's part of my problem. i've found that stock sixxers are VERY hard to pick up a sound difference on camera. the open y pipe is like 3 times deeper and twice as loud than stock but it sounds stock on video... i don't know how to pick if i can't actually hear a difference lol

9838stang

Reaction score
Mine had real good idol when first starting up, I'll try to get a video of that. Nice low deep sound at idle.

RichV

Reaction score
V6es are a tough order on exhaust. Seems like they either sound good or like a wet fart.

I had a 2 chamber Flowmaster on my SVO, and it had a good sound, specialy when it would spit and pop when you downshift. When the inlet collar rusted, I swapped it for a Magnaflow race muffler. It sounds good, but the Flowmaster almost had a V8 sound at times where the Magnaflow is just a deep tone. Oh and don't do the duals with the crooked pipes like in your vid, that allways looks ghetto IMO. :)

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I kind of have to agree with [MENTION=16906]KillNThrill24[/MENTION] I put on Borla Stingers last year and I absolutely love them. And used kits can be found reasonable, I'd rather spend $350 on a used Borla kit over $350 for new Flowmasters.

OP
OP
belber095

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
borla's on a 3.8:
sounds pretty decent..
[video=youtube;Q0q2WBiCBX8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0q2WBiCBX8[/video]

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Exactly what Onyx said Belbahayabusa. Spending the same amount of money for a used quality exhaust simply cannot be beaten by a brand new lower quality exhaust. And that goes for just about anything, both car related and not. And honestly check the forums and such for used mufflers if that's all your lookin to do, or kit's if that's the route you want to take. I got mine from MC and absolutely love them. I might change to a different Borla tho, my buddy has some he might sell to me. Mine are 3" and his are 2.5". We'll see tho when I get my motor if the 5.0 likes the 3" better than my 4.6. But no matter what I change to, it will always be Borla or equal quality. I wouldn't mind trying out some Corsa's to be honest. Funny thing is Corsa is literally 5mins from my house, and my mom used to know the owners.

Craigslist it up my dude! Post some WTB threads too when ya get the money. I'm sure someone on here will help you out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online