Help with the rear of my car

TripleBlack

Reaction score
Well i bought my car in December and when i put my 315's on the rear i noticed that my rear end was sitting off to the driver side like a half of an inch and i could feel the car dog track when i gave and let off the gas. well i thought it was the rear control are since the bushing were getting pretty bad in the stock ones so i swapped out for some tubular poly's and when i got them in i thought i had it fixed but after driving it i noticed that i didn't fix the problem but created more.....now my car has bad U-joints because the rear end isn't moving on me but the car seems to still have the rear end off center and when i hit a bump i have a terrible clunk and i can feel some vibration when i start to run the rpms up a bit, If anyone has any suggestions please speak freely ITS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!......Putting the car on the lift Wednesday so give me your ideas and i will look at them then......

ryclef331

Reaction score
Either A) your car has been wrecked and tweaked the unibody...or B) you've ripped out a TQ box (the point where the control arms attach to the chassis). If you pull your back seat out, you'll see the metal has either been bent, buckled, warped, and in some cases TORN. Good news is it CAN be fixed. Look at kits like Battleboxes from wildrides or anyother comparible tq box kit. If the car has been wrecked, you might need to get the car on a frame machine....that sucks. You might be able to run adjustable upper and lower controls arms to center it back up but thats a band aid way to fix it....

OP
OP
T

TripleBlack

Reaction score
well that sux but it didn't make that bump or clatter noise with the stock arms

ryclef331

Reaction score
TripleBlack said:
well that sux but it didn't make that bump or clatter noise with the stock arms

do the new ones have polyurethane or solid bushings?

OP
OP
T

TripleBlack

Reaction score
polys, but i figured it out the kit that i bought didn't come with the upper/axle bushing so i bought a set of pollys to put in it...solid=too much noise

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online