home made turbo system

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
frankly, you are an idiot...your post before this said you READ and EXPERIENCED them, and now you didnt read anything, its your buddies car. ::) and the way you figure it doesn't mean jackshit to me. do you know how nitrous works and why it adds power? its unlike any other power adder, and takes a complete different toll on the motor.

and you wanna know why my car is as fast as your nitroused car, and if you knew something, you would know i had a nitrous setup and sold it for something different...you wanna know why, cause its not smart to go from nitrous to another FI on the same motor. and you wanna know why i dont bother posting proof, cause it has been established and not just in mustang forums. ::)

oh and here is my something different, i took the pic just for you, my favorite :aresehole:

turbo2.jpg

so yeah, my plan are out of the bag...im goin turbo. :)

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
frankly, you are an idiot...your post before this said you READ and EXPERIENCED them, and now you didnt read anything, its your buddies car. ::) and the way you figure it doesn't mean jackshit to me. do you know how nitrous works and why it adds power? its unlike any other power adder, and takes a complete different toll on the motor.

and you wanna know why my car is as fast as your nitroused car, and if you knew something, you would know i had a nitrous setup and sold it for something different...you wanna know why, cause its not smart to go from nitrous to another FI on the same motor. and you wanna know why i dont bother posting proof, cause it has been established and not just in mustang forums. ::)

oh and here is my something different, i took the pic just for you, my favorite :aresehole:

turbo2.jpg

an idiot in what sense? i do alot of reading and little to no posting until i start reading false information all over the web, ive helped on s/c installs, did my nitrous install, and driven many of both cars multiple times and will say that i like the juice more. not only that, ive never ever in my life seen or heard switching types of FI is bad so you might haveto elaborate on that.

now i like the turbo it looks right at home in the living room O0

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
:rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

i just realized where i remember your name, you are the one that couldnt install his front springs....and helping s/c installs involves you doing what? handing the real mechanics tools.

and you have alot of experience with cars for being a 16 year old. ::)

Thomas_W

Reaction score
bigjohnson4.6gt said:
Thomas do you have a video of any of your setups?

not really... but i'll have a dyno vid from my tune that is scheduled a week from this saturday :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6:

Thomas_W

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:

turbo2.jpg

K member looks familiar.. kinda like a QA1.. what turbo is that? TO4E w/ a .96a/r turbine and a .68 a/r compressor?

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:

i just realized where i remember your name, you are the one that couldnt install his front springs....and helping s/c installs involves you doing what? handing the real mechanics tools.

shut down.......

ripper

Reaction score
bigjohnson4.6gt said:
DFG_Pimpin said:

shut down.......

Evacuated and bulldozed

voidfinger

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:

Ok guys lets give it a break. We done showed our distain for shit talk. so please let it go.

By the way pimpin that turbo looks nice, but i will have to disagree with you on the fact that nitros puts more strain on the motor than other f/i. Yea, if you don't have a tune for nitros its more dangerous because the timing and fuel but with the tune its one of the safest ones as long as you don't try to go over 125 on a stock motor. At least that is what i've seen from a couple years of being around both. My dads 89 Lx car has been going for 4 years and running with a 150 shot and stepping it up. We took the heads off and it looked good, really good for seeing a poweradder. but he has two separate tunes. Daily Driving tune, and a nitros tune which backs down timing and such. But again, thats just what i've seen. Haven't got pro's opinions though

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dang DFG, that's going to be SWEET!

Build thread build thread!!!!

ripper

Reaction score
Yea DFG whats up with the I Spy turbo LOL. When were you gonna let us in on yer little secret? That is a QA1 isnt it? Def gotta do a build thread when you start that one.

voidfinger

Reaction score
yea, i'm thinking of getting a tubular k member, but i want one that i can get the perches for the stock spring set up. I really don't want coil overs.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
yea, i'm thinking of getting a tubular k member, but i want one that i can get the perches for the stock spring set up. I really don't want coil overs.
the QA1 comes with perches

and yeah, that is a QA1 and the turbo will hopefully make its way onto my car late this summer or before the end of the year....right now i going broke paying for my dorm and summer classes since my scholarships dont cover summer stuff and im trying to get a second car so the DFG can be more of a project car rather than a DD.

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:

yup that was me, first time doing any kind of suspension work and after relaxing for a bit finally got it done, since then ive installed tubular k member and coilovers on my buddys 96 formula...

helping with a whipple install on my buddy shanes 04 cobra was pretty kool to :dancing6:.

yes i do have quite a bit of experience with cars for being 16, ive already owned 3 and must say i like the stang the most.

anywho this portion of the thread is over

Thomas_W

Reaction score
nes said:
DFG_Pimpin said:

yup that was me, first time doing any kind of suspension work and after relaxing for a bit finally got it done, since then ive installed tubular k member and coilovers on my buddys 96 formula...

helping with a whipple install on my buddy shanes 04 cobra was pretty kool to :dancing6:.

yes i do have quite a bit of experience with cars for being 16, ive already owned 3 and must say i like the stang the most.

anywho this portion of the thread is over

WOOOOOHOOOOOO :hammer:

:eek:uttahere:

97vertstang

Reaction score
wow , dont know how i missed this. good thread, except for nes, great information, learned a lot O0

voidfinger

Reaction score
wow, this thread kinda dropped off. :) , lets get it going again. Still haveing turbo dreams, but i only got a "Turdo" car. :thumb:

Thomas_W

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
wow, this thread kinda dropped off. :) , lets get it going again. Still haveing turbo dreams, but i only got a "Turdo" car. :thumb:

well.. my fuel system was done.. then it broke.. then i fixed it.. then it broke.. now its fixed. and the funny thing is, i haven't changed anything. one day it does good, then next it sux. then next its fine again. wtf?

sooo b/c of it breaking, i didn't get to have my tune done on saturday. so now its going to be another month before the tune.. bwaaa :(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online