hood removal how-to ???

xs man 27

Reaction score
does anyone have a good link to a video or good write up on how to remove a hood for a sn95 mustang ? also does anyone know if the stock hood will clear a edelbrock performer 2 intake with a spacer ? thanks for any input..

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
If you can't remove your hood without asking how to do it, chances are you probably should have someone else do it for you... Not trying to be a dick just trying to spare you any unnecessary accidents

Sent from my SCH-I605

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
don't forget to remove the ground wire too. and disconnect the light if you have one.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you can make it a whole lot easier to line up later by first drilling two small holes where the hood mounts meet the hood. Line them up with the correct drill bit when you put them back on an you are 95% of the way there.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
there's not much adjustment on our hoods compared to the old hoods. so drilling an alignment isn't really needed. and useless if your changing hoods.

When I got my cobra hood we bolted the hood on , closed it slowly to make sure it wasn't going to hit the fenders. (all was clear) then latched it down and drove 2 hours home.
Once home all I had to do was tweek the fenders some for the perfect alighment.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i used a china pencil to outline the hindges before removal. after removal noticed there was no room for adjustment... lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online