-:Hooked Up Battery Terminals Backwards..Stereo Won't Work:-

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Check your schneezer valve. It's in there right under the scapparanious tube...

Lol no but come on Tyler what's goin on with it man?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Do verts have this hidden amp also plus the two behind the rear seat??

OP
OP
whiplash473

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
This is gonna be a few days before I'm able to get into this.....16* out right now..this can wait haha..... I'll be sure to post as soon as I get going with it tho

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone

poisonbl

Reaction score
I would suspect you have the Premium system (between bare minimal stereo and the mach), and that you toasted the amp under there. It's easiest to see if you pull the tray out from beneath the radio and shine a light in there, and looks like the one in the pic on the previous page. If you need the wiring diagrams for any variant, I can even get 'em uploaded for ya.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I don't know if it's been posted but if your amp IS in fact fried it should give off a lovely scent when you get close to it

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Hey whip been doing car audio a while myself . Take your stereo out and get the multimeter out or test light and check your red wire / possible yellow if ur after market has a high draw current . make sure you got power test it with the same ground ur stereo uses to ensure a full cicuit if you have and have a good solid 12v at least your fine there . If you are running a mach system the amp has a remote wire to turn it on that comes on with the stereo check and make sure that is hooked up . I know that seems like alot but just trying to rule out everything cause this is electrics , also make sure radio fuse under hood is good if radio is working i would imagine it is . What i would do to find out if its your speakers or not is if you have a old speaker laying around or a tweeter , home audio speaker something portable with 2 wires take it out to you car and hook the wires coming out of the headunit speaker wires usually something like a green wire and a green and white doesnt matter what way you hook it polarity on speakers as long as power is going in somewhere it will make sound and if your test speaker has sound you know the headunit is providing a output signal to the speakers , I have seen headunits hooked up incorrectly before and end because of the wrong installation it will destroy the headunits ability to output signal on the circuit board if its a cheap headunit pick up another , I personally have a very rare expensive Alpine comp deck and I have a backup one I found that wasnt working and fixed it im very good at fixing CB'S , RADIOS ,AMPS , etc . so if its not expensive swap it out problem solved sorry for long post trying to help ya friend .

99GreenStang

Reaction score
After re reading seems u have the Mach system powering ur speakers so I would guess you fried the amp or blew the fuse in the amp if there is one pretty sure there is on it though hopefully it went into protect mode when you hooked it up incorrectly check and see if it has a fuse . If the speaker test I provided you with in my other post works with you hooking it up straight into the headunit then try hooking the test speaker up to the wires that are connecting directly to the speaker so that would tell you if the amp isnt working . But check amp fuse if its blowed thats the problem if it didnt have a fuse i would say its fried and i would just get a new after market system thats 10 times better than the Mach . Hope i helped .

OP
OP
whiplash473

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn't seem like you read much of this thread.....also I don't have a Mach system

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone

99GreenStang

Reaction score
just trying to help brah . if you dont have the mach system take the radio out and hook the test speaker up straight to the radio and if it plays you got other problems if it doesnt your radio is fried .

OP
OP
whiplash473

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ok so I decided to start messing with this again, I just pulled the factory amp (under the stereo) and popped it open and there are no blown caps.

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone 4S

OP
OP
whiplash473

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I did just find this though

Everything fine here

7uqy2u5y.jpg

And everything fine here

u8u4aju5.jpg

Except for this

azybetyv.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Could be the problem. Simple enough to fix and check worst case scenario just solder a wire to the points that the trace ends at.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Yep like Scott said solder a wire to either end of that lead there and it will bypass that burned spot. COULD be the issue. But honestly I don't feel like going back through all this thread... Did you check the fuse on the back of the head unit? Or is the unit stock? OR did you check the fuses under the dash/hood? My head unit stopped workin for no good reason in my Turd and I ended up replacing the hot wire. Just ran a new wire from the yellow on the stock harness out to the fuse box. Threw in a little 15amp inline and has been good ever since. May want to try hooking up a wire to an external power source to see if you can get it to work. If you can, do what I did.

OP
OP
whiplash473

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Bullet points for those just joining or forgetting the rest of the thread (I don't blame you)

After market head unit

Not a Mach system

Fuses are all good including stereo fuse

Stereo works but have no sound whatsoever

Tried different stereo and got the same thing (stereo works fine but no sound at all)

Bub

Reaction score
Whippy just pull the interior. Wire a good amp to good speakers and ditch that p.o.s. amp and then dynomat the floor and be happy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stillridin