-:Hooked Up Battery Terminals Backwards..Stereo Won't Work:-

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
^Easy alternative to your problem. Have you checked ALL your wires? My head unit turned on but no sound and it was that bastard little blue wire that came undone.... Just making sure we covered all the bases here man

GTfiveoh

Reaction score
Bullet points for those just joining or forgetting the rest of the thread (I don't blame you)

After market head unit

Not a Mach system

Fuses are all good including stereo fuse

Stereo works but have no sound whatsoever

Tried different stereo and got the same thing (stereo works fine but no sound at all)

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone 4S

Interestingly enough I just had this same problem..might not be exactly like yours but everything worked fine (kenwood head unit) read CDs and my phone and said it was playing music..had power to an afternarket Mtx amp but no sound coming out of the speakers..fuses and everything were good only thing I figured it could be was whatever is in the head unit sending audio out crapped and basically rendered my $300 head unit useless so I was a little mad about it

The other day I accidently left my lights on (doh!) and my car died while I was at work..so I jumped it and after I jumped it I had sound in my speakers again..weirdest thing in the world but everything works fine now..?? Don't know how tho

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
oh crap I am pretty sure you can easily bypass it and do not need it, will sound better with out it. grab the hrns's that went to it and follow the one up and it should have a hrns connection on the passenger side consol unless its been moved. Disconnect the hrns's and you can use the male side as you speaker hrns. Connect the decks speaker wires to it and you just bypassed the amp.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Interestingly enough I just had this same problem..might not be exactly like yours but everything worked fine (kenwood head unit) read CDs and my phone and said it was playing music..had power to an afternarket Mtx amp but no sound coming out of the speakers..fuses and everything were good only thing I figured it could be was whatever is in the head unit sending audio out crapped and basically rendered my $300 head unit useless so I was a little mad about it

The other day I accidently left my lights on (doh!) and my car died while I was at work..so I jumped it and after I jumped it I had sound in my speakers again..weirdest thing in the world but everything works fine now..?? Don't know how tho

you have a bad connection somewhere and need to troubleshoot. Take you deck out and get technical with it. That is: pull, twist, shake, rattle until you either get the sound to stop or you are sure that nothing in those connections has anything to do with the problem. If nothing then do some technical taps on the top of the deck. That is: start with your finger tips and lightly tap on top of the deck with light impacts at first and work the intensity up. Tap on the corners, the middle, bottom the face, everywhere. If nothing happens then use your first knuckes and again start light and increase the intensity and again do it all over. It sounds silly but these are honestly the things I would do when I was working as a audio/security installer/tech and also did some of the same stuff while troubleshooting million dollar semiconductor machines for intel. The taps stuff was actually something I learned 2nd semester at tech school by one of my more respected profs.

OP
OP
whiplash473

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Will bypassing the amp have a negative effect on anything?

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I'm gonna say no due to the fact that aftermarket head units have built in amps... hence the rms ratings on the units themselves

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
whiplash473

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Been messaging Scott since it's faster. I'm gonna solder the amp and see if it changed anything, then I guess I'm gonna bypass it (which I'm not looking forward to doing) and go from there.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Bypassing it is easy just time consuming. And good call on that Scott is the resident audio expert

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Isaac cerr

Members online