Hoping for 11's. Will spray be enough?

Kris

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm getting prepared for next season, I'm pretty anxious. I have a 94GT with a 95 Cobra motor. This car has impressed me alot.

I bought it completely stock, but since then, I've done some mods and been to the track.

Last season the cars best was a 13.14 @ 103.49 mph with a 1.80 60ft. I also had many 13.20 back up passes. It seems like the car wont 60ft, which what I need to work on.

Here's the current mods list, other than it being a stock T5 and the Cobra motor.
Underdrive pullies, Motive 4.10's, FMS aluminum driveshaft, Steeda Tri Ax, Drag Lites on all 4 corners with ET Fronts and ET Streets (I ran a 26" tall tire last season, I'll be on a 28" this coming season), BBK Long tubes, BBK O/R X pipe, MAC pro dumps, cold air intake, Eibach drag launch springs (bag removed), Strange 10 ways in the rear (stock fronts), walbro 255lph, and I think thats it.

I have a single stage nitrous kit that I'm going to use next season, I'd like to spray a 150 shot, but I don't want to break anything. I'm thinking about spraying post launch, so I won't break something as easily. I know the trans and axles are weak points on these cars.

Will this be enough to put me into the 11's?
I really hope so. With taller tires and spray, I should MPH alot more, and hopefully the 60ft will drop to at least a 1.7X.

Thanks for any and all input everyone!

Lebedin8654

Reaction score
I have had consistent 1.7 60fts with my 94 GT, i even cut a 1.69. I think your problem is that with the 26 inch tall tires and the 4.10s your having to shift within the first 60ft thats what is killing your 60ft times. So the 28 inch tall slicks should help with that! And as far as the axles being weak i have seen this cars leave pretty dang hard with stock rear ends!

Also I dont think you can break 11s with the 150 shot. Maybe if you do a plate setup and not a fogger( i believe a plate is stronger than a fogger) you might get there. Also think about sliding a cam in there something to favor the exhaust side and help you pick up a little more off the bottle.

Is the clutch stock? if so i doubt it will hold that 150 shot.

OP
OP
K

Kris

Reaction score
The clutch is stock. I'm hoping it'll hold, if not, I'll upgrade when it wont hold.

Yea, I'm gonna stick with the fogger for now.

I was kinda hoping to get mid 11's but I doubt it.

As for a cam, I'm really wanting to throw a Trick Flow Stage 1 in there being it'll work with my stock rockers. But, I am told that a cam may even hurt performance on the stock 3 bar heads.

LAFENATU

Reaction score
Good clutch, sticky tires, upper and lower control arms and good driving and I think you can hit a high 11's or low low 12's.

OP
OP
K

Kris

Reaction score
LAFENATU said:
Good clutch, sticky tires, upper and lower control arms and good driving and I think you can hit a high 11's or low low 12's.

Even with the 150 shot?
I'm not doing control arms till next winter.. It's my DD and I can't afford to have the car down right now unfortunately..

Lebedin8654

Reaction score
Ifs its a cobra motor than you have 1.7rr so i believe the tfs 1 would be a little big!

OP
OP
K

Kris

Reaction score
Lebedin8654 said:
Ifs its a cobra motor than you have 1.7rr so i believe the tfs 1 would be a little big!
I'm sure it will be a little more than what I need. Besides, I like the Trickflow cams better than any of the letter cams.

Lebedin8654

Reaction score
Yea me too i was just thinking that with 1.7rr your lift on a tfs would be up around .540 i think, have you ever looked at a crane 2031 cam they are designed for 1.7rrs on gt40s great cam, computer friendly and a great with power adders. That cam with your setup you could hit 11.90s if the clutch holds

OP
OP
K

Kris

Reaction score
I'll upgrade the clutch if it gives.

Yea, I don't see too many Crane cams floating around that are barely used compared to the TFS1.

Ohhh, and a local guy is pretty nifty at tuning these cars, so he can work his magic and hook me up with a tune and bypass the cam thing where it won't allow larger cams to be run.

Lebedin8654

Reaction score
also the stock valve springs arent good for that much lift once you start to get up around .550! You could spray a 100 shot with your setup and a stock clutch and be find for a while you just wont be in your area you want to be but a GT in the low 12s is pretty good man

OP
OP
K

Kris

Reaction score
It has the Cobra motor, so it's kinda of a hybrid GT lol.

I plan on going high 12's with a taller tire, how it sits. So, I would really hope that 150hp more can shed a second off my time.

What I don't understand is; people run this setup all the time. Cobra motor and the TFS1. Even trick flow says it'll work but they dont exactly recommend it. If I were to run this setup, I'd get thicker head gaskets bc I've heard of the valves barely tapping the pistons.

LAFENATU

Reaction score
Any cam over .500" you're going to get valve float possibly tap.

Make sure you measure for clearance no matter what you do.

John Doe from blah blah says it will clear. CHECK IT...you don't want your valves playing the drums :)

Addermk2

Reaction score
Kris said:
I'm not doing control arms till next winter.. It's my DD and I can't afford to have the car down right now unfortunately..

Since when does, the car being your DD equate to you not being able to install control arms???

If your car was in my driveway, I could have all 4 arms changed out in under an hour!

sn95gtvert

Reaction score
Addermk2 said:
Kris said:

Since when does, the car being your DD equate to you not being able to install control arms???

If your car was in my driveway, I could have all 4 arms changed out in under an hour!

+1
not a hard job.

OP
OP
K

Kris

Reaction score
its more of a matter that when I get home from work, its dark and I have no place to work on the car..

Yea id definitely check my clearances, always. A thicker head gasket should help.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Kris said:
its more of a matter that when I get home from work, its dark and I have no place to work on the car..

Yea id definitely check my clearances, always. A thicker head gasket should help.

It's going to take you just as long to install the NOS kit as it would to do Control Arms. I Don't see you getting into the 11's with what you have. Not being a Hater just don't think things will hold together. If they do then your passes are numbered.

OP
OP
K

Kris

Reaction score
What wouldn't hold up? The trans has been good to me so far, crossin my fingers this season.
I don't plan on spraying on the launch, to keep from producing more shock and strain.

So if I can get the car to high 12s on motor, adding 150hp more won't shed off a second? FML lol.

Again, by the time I get home from work its dark. Only reason I've had time to do what's been done is my buddy did most of it while I borrowed his car for work but I wanna save myself some cash and do things on my own like I use to.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Kris said:
What wouldn't hold up? The trans has been good to me so far, crossin my fingers this season.
I don't plan on spraying on the launch, to keep from producing more shock and strain.

Ok well go ahead do as you want to and don't listen to anyone.

OP
OP
K

Kris

Reaction score
Unfortunately, yes I do work 7 days a week. Im not complaining though, its a job.

Yea I'm listening, your not. I laid out the details.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online