hottwheels04 gets a 10-out-of-freaking-10

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I'd just like to recognize how incredibly helpful and nice he is. Had called me and helped me figure out what I needed for my build. Looked up part numbers in catalogs, and made everything very clear to me. Spent 40 minutes on the phone just explaining everything to me. Met up to get parts, very friendly and knowledgeable.

I made the mistake of waiting til now, about 2 weeks later, to take the valve springs and cam out of their boxes and put the retainers and everything together to make sure I had everything. I had counted the valve springs and quickly inspected the cam but didn't even realize the locking rings where included.

I realized I was missing half of a locking ring. I sent him a text asking about it, whether it was lost after I bought it or before he sold it we don't know, he called me up right away, spending an additional 20 minutes on the phone with me, and looked up the part numbers for the locking rings, both as sets of 16 and individual. Got me prices and where to buy. Also helped me find the part number for the seals I will need. He told me to wait on buying anything and he would check his car and house to see if he lost it on his end, and asked if I check my dads car to see if it fell out of the box there.

Very nice guy. Very good price on the parts, and even weeks after the deal was made, and even though it is my fault for the unaccounted for locking ring, he is still going out of his way to help me out.

ZZmtWJA.jpg

Ah0fEuN.jpg

CsK1e0x.jpg

ZXyc0tY.png

jrivzV4.png

So thank you, [MENTION=8550]hottwheels04[/MENTION] for all your help.

hottwheels04

Reaction score
I'd just like to recognize how incredibly helpful and nice he is. Had called me and helped me figure out what I needed for my build. Looked up part numbers in catalogs, and made everything very clear to me. Spent 40 minutes on the phone just explaining everything to me. Met up to get parts, very friendly and knowledgeable.

I made the mistake of waiting til now, about 2 weeks later, to take the valve springs and cam out of their boxes and put the retainers and everything together to make sure I had everything. I had counted the valve springs and quickly inspected the cam but didn't even realize the locking rings where included.

I realized I was missing half of a locking ring. I sent him a text asking about it, whether it was lost after I bought it or before he sold it we don't know, he called me up right away, spending an additional 20 minutes on the phone with me, and looked up the part numbers for the locking rings, both as sets of 16 and individual. Got me prices and where to buy. Also helped me find the part number for the seals I will need. He told me to wait on buying anything and he would check his car and house to see if he lost it on his end, and asked if I check my dads car to see if it fell out of the box there.

Very nice guy. Very good price on the parts, and even weeks after the deal was made, and even though it is my fault for the unaccounted for locking ring, he is still going out of his way to help me out.

ZZmtWJA.jpg

Ah0fEuN.jpg

CsK1e0x.jpg

ZXyc0tY.png

jrivzV4.png

So thank you, hottwheels04 for all your help.

No problem buddy, I didnt get lucky to finding that 1 part of the lock sorry again, Hopefully you can find in in ur dads car? But anytime You need help or questions thats what were here for mustang brother hood! just feel bad sucks having to spend $6 on 1 or buy all new ones but better off like i said spending $20 on all new ones so you have extras, good thing is I kept what I did i know there cheap but always little things add up to pissing you off been there done that. But good thing there cheap to replace, Let me know again when you go to buy the locks and seals. I would try to buy both together @ mustangs unlimited with them part #'s if not Try Summit's website with the tf part #.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
My dad is a town council member and today he's running for reelection so he's been at the polls all day. I'm going up now to hang for awhile with him so I'll check then. Thanks again for all the help.

hottwheels04

Reaction score
My dad is a town council member and today he's running for reelection so he's been at the polls all day. I'm going up now to hang for awhile with him so I'll check then. Thanks again for all the help.

Goodluck to your dad

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
He got spanked. Turns out the democrates where gunning for my dads position, and had a few unions making phone calls getting registered dems to come out and vote.. But because they focused so much on our district they lost a few other districts and the republicans kept the majority in the council, and won majority in the BOE. :eek:ccasion14:

I think it's working out for the best too, the guy that beat my dad already made a fool out of himself several times getting caught during the campaign spreading lies about my family and starting all this shit and my dad called him out on local TV and it was hilarious. and my dad was approached by our senator and he suggest that my dad run for state rep... it takes about as much time up as being on the council, but he gets paid like 30k a year instead of doing it for free... hes thinking about it.

Anyways I checked his car and did not find it. Oh well I'll just pick a set up at MU when I go get my lifters and pushrods from them.

hottwheels04

Reaction score
He got spanked. Turns out the democrates where gunning for my dads position, and had a few unions making phone calls getting registered dems to come out and vote.. But because they focused so much on our district they lost a few other districts and the republicans kept the majority in the council, and won majority in the BOE. :eek:ccasion14:

I think it's working out for the best too, the guy that beat my dad already made a fool out of himself several times getting caught during the campaign spreading lies about my family and starting all this shit and my dad called him out on local TV and it was hilarious. and my dad was approached by our senator and he suggest that my dad run for state rep... it takes about as much time up as being on the council, but he gets paid like 30k a year instead of doing it for free... hes thinking about it.

Anyways I checked his car and did not find it. Oh well I'll just pick a set up at MU when I go get my lifters and pushrods from them.

Oh that sucks but goodluck to him, and yeah deff keep us updated on the progress and when you buy all the stuff and pull the motor apart!:wave:

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I'm shooting for this general timeline:

Before the end of the new year-
Get passed through emissions, includes solving idling problem
Obtain title after emissions
Get my dads old wheels fixed up of all curb rash, pop center caps out, plasti dip, put my centers in and mount up to car.

By January/February-
Get motor done, includes lifters, rods, rockers, lifter conversion kit, intake spacer to clear new valve covers

By spring (March/April)-
Complete interior, I need a passenger a pillar cover, some light base, knee bolster, door sills, repair driver seat bracket or replace front seats, passenger side airbag, rear view mirror, get stereo working
Complete exterior, s281 wing, side skirts, cowl vent grill, windshield wipers and arms, fix windshield wiper motor (either needs to be replaced or theirs bad wiring), and add window to body weather stripping on doors. Also get UPR coil overs on and lower it.

By mid may-
Registered and insured.

By the summer-
Rotors, pads, calipers
Tinted windows

By this time next year-
Paint
Turbooooooooo w/supporting mods

I'm hoping to stay on track with this timeline up until registration on mid may. Anything that happens after registration can be out off forever. I just want to get it on the roads brakes have to come along soon but they can be out off if need be. Lol

But I will definitely keep my build thread up to date. Next update should be wheels. Dads new set is coming in from Cali and was shipped today. Estimated delivery is the 13th. Hopefully by the 15th or 16th I'll have mine all sanded down of all curb rash and plasti dipped.
They're the same set as his current ones. So it will be interesting to see which car rocks the 2012 wheels better. The 2007 windveil blue GT or the 1994 Black GT? Hmmm :D
Also, spacers will find their way in that timeline at some point. Just got to figure out how big once I get the wheels on. I'm thinking half inch in the front and one inch in the back but we shall see.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stillridin

Members online