how did you guys start your modding?

F

FullThrottleStangs

well after convincing my dad he's a bit more open to mods. not anything crazy though so im loking for a place to start. ive got about $1500 dollars that ive saved up just for this so i could do a full exhaust, or wheels, or a few other things. so how did you guys start your modding?

dafizuck

Reaction score
I didnt start this way but shouldve, gears and install should be first. Full exhaust and rear spacers and call it a day. Sweet looking car that gets up and goes, dont know if it gets better than that.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
I would say either gears or exhaust. I really like the look and sound of this mach.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29BAgIfEx-E

Petek

Reaction score
exhaust is always a great place to start ! my first power mod was a JLT fenderwell intake.

OP
OP
F

FullThrottleStangs

Yeah man that mach 1 in the video sounds mean.. Id like to do an exhaust then maybe once i need new tires im gonna get some new wheels that are black with some chrome trim. But my dad has already denied the gear swap idea because trust me, my brother has been through 2 rear ends, a new set of gears, and two transmissions and his third is going in this weekend. But he always says "why replace something thats working perfectly?" i just dont think he understands. But as for the exhaust im thinking kooks long tubes, but im not sure about the midpipes or tailpipes quite yet.

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
Well 3:55s should be good enough for you for awhile. I do a o/r x pipe, mufflers and not mess with the headers. Then drop it. short shifter. Maybe a CAI. Some aesthetics. The car is already damn fast, faster than im sure you've experienced. So you dont need to go much faster. Rear Blackout, full hood black out. I like the whole center section black. All that might be a lil more than 1500. Be glad you dont live in CA or else your parents would probably make you get a catted pipe if anything, then you'd really be comin out of some cash. Headers arent really worth the extra money and effort, to me atleast.

OP
OP
F

FullThrottleStangs

yeah thanks for the ideas.. And i have no idea how fast the mach 1 is.. Ive never taken it above about 4000 rpms. And if we could fix this frikin missfire problem id be happy because its getting rediculous. Shouldnt i be able to smash it in 3rd at about 2000 rpms? I guess not because my car turns into a giant massage chair if i do because it shakes so much. :/ but ive never been one for the whole black strip on the hood.. But the rear blackout panel is sweet looking. Ive also had ideas of a terminator front bumper and smoked head and tail lights.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Why don't you use part of that $1500 to get it running better? And if your looking for cat-backs I really like the sound of borla stingers or magnaflow magnapacks.

dafizuck

Reaction score
sleepn_sn95 said:
Why don't you use part of that $1500 to get it running better? And if your looking for cat-backs I really like the sound of borla stingers or magnaflow magnapacks.

I agree... a cool lookin bad runnin car is pretty silly.

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
When I first started...I made exhaust changes and gears...

However, if I were to do it again...the first two things I would do would be suspension and wheels. A good stance and a nice set of wheels is what sets a car off IMO

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
Have you checked plugs and such? Plug wires, coils? Make sure you are running a quality plug,such as a motorcraft, Stock style plugs are good from what I've heard.

auto_x5.0

Reaction score
Yeah fix what's broken then mod, Im still fixing all my broken crap on the 'vert. About the time I save up enough money for a new mod something breaks, then I spend money on that. But you have power, good paint, I personally love the mach 1 wheels. I would do flowmaster catback(I ahve flows on both of the 5-ohs), it's cheap and sounsd great, then termy rear bumper, smoked headlights, maybe a termy front bumper. But you also have to think about how much it's going to cost to get all the stuff painted ontop of what it costs to just get the part. And since they didnt make a terminator on that color blue you cant just swap right over like you could with black, silver, white, etc.

OP
OP
F

FullThrottleStangs

Yeah ive gone through and replaced the spark plugs, checked the coils to make sure theyre making a good connection with the plugs, and everything it as it should be but the misfiring problem is still present. Any other ideas that might be the problem?

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
auto_x5.0 said:
Yeah fix what's broken then mod, Im still fixing all my broken crap on the 'vert. About the time I save up enough money for a new mod something breaks, then I spend money on that. But you have power, good paint, I personally love the mach 1 wheels. I would do flowmaster catback(I ahve flows on both of the 5-ohs), it's cheap and sounsd great, then termy rear bumper, smoked headlights, maybe a termy front bumper. But you also have to think about how much it's going to cost to get all the stuff painted ontop of what it costs to just get the part. And since they didnt make a terminator on that color blue you cant just swap right over like you could with black, silver, white, etc.

My favorite is the 99 cobra bumper with a chinspoiler, on a mach.

dafizuck

Reaction score
95_5.0@15 said:
auto_x5.0 said:

My favorite is the 99 cobra bumper with a chinspoiler, on a mach.

Have you seen a 99-01 cobra bumper with 03 chin spoiler... that looks RIDICULOUSSSSSSSSSSS.

OP
OP
F

FullThrottleStangs

Well thats the term ive been hearing. What happens is ill be driing at a relatively low rpm (1300-about 2000 rpm) and if i give it a quarter throttle maybe less and my shaker hood shakes like a mug and my shifter wobbles uncontrolably.. It usually happens when im doing 40 mph in 5th at 1100 rpms and i cant give it ANY throttle without the engine shaking so much. We did get the codes read and i got a misfire reading in cylinder 7 so we replaced the plugs and cleaned the coils and the service engine light stopped coming on but itll still misfire.

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
Oh yeah I forgot OBDII cars had misfire sensors. The shaking sounds like engine or tranny mounts. Did you make sure the plugs were gapped properly and are you using the stock wires or have they been replaced?

Btw
Mach%201%20Chin%20Spoiler.jpg

OP
OP
F

FullThrottleStangs

Yeah when i replaced the plugs i got the gap where it should be but we have not replaced the coils mainly because itll cost like $250 bucks. But id be glad to pay for it buy of course, my dad says its not needed. :/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online