how do i- 98GT to 5.0 swap???

OP
OP

98GTnSC

Reaction score
o no offense dude. this modular thing is new 2 me. carbed=I UNDERSTAND lol. but yeh i might just try and get 300+RWhp on my 2V. what do you guys suggest to get to that point? w/o nitrous and no F/I that is

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
98GTnSC said:
o no offense dude. this modular thing is new 2 me. carbed=I UNDERSTAND lol. but yeh i might just try and get 300+RWhp on my 2V. what do you guys suggest to get to that point? w/o nitrous and no F/I that is

stroker kit to a 5.4 and new heads

OP
OP

98GTnSC

Reaction score
theres a stroker kit for a 4.6 to a 5.4? thats a bigass stroker kit

95PGTTech

Reaction score
no, the 5.4 is a direct replacement truck motor, and involves quite a bit of work. any which way you take it, it is going to be difficult and expensive to make 300whp from a 2V. If you're absolutely set on keeping the current car, go out and buy a used centrifugal kit and make 300whp easy for under $4K.

hottwheels04

Reaction score
BEFORE I SAY THIS I KNO IM GONNA GET YELLED @ FOR THIS BUT MY BETTER SIDE OF MY PUSHROD LOVE WILL KICK IN

BUT YOUR A SMART MAN! NON PI SUCKS! BUY A SN95 5.0 INSTEAD

haha jk

or just do a 4 valve or 5.4 swap if ur gonna do that. like others stated easier to buy a 5.0 its self

OP
OP

98GTnSC

Reaction score
yeh. idk wut route 2 go. might have 2 go with the used centrifugal and wait 2 hit the higher numbers with a fox

95PGTTech

Reaction score
98GTnSC said:
yeh. idk wut route 2 go. might have 2 go with the used centrifugal and wait 2 hit the higher numbers with a fox

unless you are class racing, that's probably a smart choice. the supercharger is going to make that tire-roasting hit of the throttle power that is stupid fun on the street. bang/buck unless you have a 350+ inch pushrod motor, stay away from N/A. even then I could make an easy argument F/I is still more cost effective.

OP
OP

98GTnSC

Reaction score
alright. and yeh i completely understand that. does ne1 have ne suggestions on where i cud get ne deals on any superchargers? centrifugal and twin screw mainly

oemracing

Reaction score
ummm...
if you were to go 351 or 302 and making it worth while-
1. ensure its a 94-95 block for 302 if your staying with factory.
2. 351, going long block (cleveland) or short block (windsor)? big differences, not even sure if a cleveland would fit in the sn95's.
3. qa1 k member would be my choice for a k member to swap in, verse a factory one.
4. ford fuel injection makes a harness for classic mustangs efi swaps ($500'ish) probably make one to plug and play for your set up.
5. think of the engine internals- entirely to large for this reply and/or topic. search a little, figure what you want to make torque/hp wise first.
6. not alot of money would be spent, alot of time yes. i would look at a budget towards 5k. not alot, when you only play with cars every single day it doesnt seem like alot that is. I spent over 1500 in a roller block swap in a buddies 80 f100 (lots of sentimental value.)
7. bell housing has already been said. you can use a t5 from a fox for a t45 swap.
8. chat typing does sound ignorant, when your asking for help from a community of people. take the time to spell it out is what most are asking.

G

GREG@SN95

oemracing said:
ummm...
if you were to go 351 or 302 and making it worth while-
1. ensure its a 94-95 block for 302 if your staying with factory.
2. 351, going long block (cleveland) or short block (windsor)? big differences, not even sure if a cleveland would fit in the sn95's.
3. qa1 k member would be my choice for a k member to swap in, verse a factory one.
4. ford fuel injection makes a harness for classic mustangs efi swaps ($500'ish) probably make one to plug and play for your set up.
5. think of the engine internals- entirely to large for this reply and/or topic. search a little, figure what you want to make torque/hp wise first.
6. not alot of money would be spent, alot of time yes. i would look at a budget towards 5k. not alot, when you only play with cars every single day it doesnt seem like alot that is. I spent over 1500 in a roller block swap in a buddies 80 f100 (lots of sentimental value.)
7. bell housing has already been said. you can use a t5 from a fox for a t45 swap.
8. chat typing does sound ignorant, when your asking for help from a community of people. take the time to spell it out is what most are asking.

a short block is a the bottom end of the motor... block + rotating assembly... long block is everything from the heads down minus the oil pan.. long/short blocks have nothing to do with windsors and clevelands...

a fox t5 trans will not work in an sn95 as the input shaft is too short

95PGTTech

Reaction score
98GTnSC said:
alright. and yeh i completely understand that. does ne1 have ne suggestions on where i cud get ne deals on any superchargers? centrifugal and twin screw mainly

on here and other mustang sites, ebay, craigslist, etc.
vortech and procharger are the popular stuff