how do i- 98GT to 5.0 swap???

OP
OP

98GTnSC

Reaction score
o no offense dude. this modular thing is new 2 me. carbed=I UNDERSTAND lol. but yeh i might just try and get 300+RWhp on my 2V. what do you guys suggest to get to that point? w/o nitrous and no F/I that is

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
98GTnSC said:
o no offense dude. this modular thing is new 2 me. carbed=I UNDERSTAND lol. but yeh i might just try and get 300+RWhp on my 2V. what do you guys suggest to get to that point? w/o nitrous and no F/I that is

stroker kit to a 5.4 and new heads

OP
OP

98GTnSC

Reaction score
theres a stroker kit for a 4.6 to a 5.4? thats a bigass stroker kit

95PGTTech

Reaction score
no, the 5.4 is a direct replacement truck motor, and involves quite a bit of work. any which way you take it, it is going to be difficult and expensive to make 300whp from a 2V. If you're absolutely set on keeping the current car, go out and buy a used centrifugal kit and make 300whp easy for under $4K.

hottwheels04

Reaction score
BEFORE I SAY THIS I KNO IM GONNA GET YELLED @ FOR THIS BUT MY BETTER SIDE OF MY PUSHROD LOVE WILL KICK IN

BUT YOUR A SMART MAN! NON PI SUCKS! BUY A SN95 5.0 INSTEAD

haha jk

or just do a 4 valve or 5.4 swap if ur gonna do that. like others stated easier to buy a 5.0 its self

OP
OP

98GTnSC

Reaction score
yeh. idk wut route 2 go. might have 2 go with the used centrifugal and wait 2 hit the higher numbers with a fox

95PGTTech

Reaction score
98GTnSC said:
yeh. idk wut route 2 go. might have 2 go with the used centrifugal and wait 2 hit the higher numbers with a fox

unless you are class racing, that's probably a smart choice. the supercharger is going to make that tire-roasting hit of the throttle power that is stupid fun on the street. bang/buck unless you have a 350+ inch pushrod motor, stay away from N/A. even then I could make an easy argument F/I is still more cost effective.

OP
OP

98GTnSC

Reaction score
alright. and yeh i completely understand that. does ne1 have ne suggestions on where i cud get ne deals on any superchargers? centrifugal and twin screw mainly

oemracing

Reaction score
ummm...
if you were to go 351 or 302 and making it worth while-
1. ensure its a 94-95 block for 302 if your staying with factory.
2. 351, going long block (cleveland) or short block (windsor)? big differences, not even sure if a cleveland would fit in the sn95's.
3. qa1 k member would be my choice for a k member to swap in, verse a factory one.
4. ford fuel injection makes a harness for classic mustangs efi swaps ($500'ish) probably make one to plug and play for your set up.
5. think of the engine internals- entirely to large for this reply and/or topic. search a little, figure what you want to make torque/hp wise first.
6. not alot of money would be spent, alot of time yes. i would look at a budget towards 5k. not alot, when you only play with cars every single day it doesnt seem like alot that is. I spent over 1500 in a roller block swap in a buddies 80 f100 (lots of sentimental value.)
7. bell housing has already been said. you can use a t5 from a fox for a t45 swap.
8. chat typing does sound ignorant, when your asking for help from a community of people. take the time to spell it out is what most are asking.

G

GREG@SN95

oemracing said:
ummm...
if you were to go 351 or 302 and making it worth while-
1. ensure its a 94-95 block for 302 if your staying with factory.
2. 351, going long block (cleveland) or short block (windsor)? big differences, not even sure if a cleveland would fit in the sn95's.
3. qa1 k member would be my choice for a k member to swap in, verse a factory one.
4. ford fuel injection makes a harness for classic mustangs efi swaps ($500'ish) probably make one to plug and play for your set up.
5. think of the engine internals- entirely to large for this reply and/or topic. search a little, figure what you want to make torque/hp wise first.
6. not alot of money would be spent, alot of time yes. i would look at a budget towards 5k. not alot, when you only play with cars every single day it doesnt seem like alot that is. I spent over 1500 in a roller block swap in a buddies 80 f100 (lots of sentimental value.)
7. bell housing has already been said. you can use a t5 from a fox for a t45 swap.
8. chat typing does sound ignorant, when your asking for help from a community of people. take the time to spell it out is what most are asking.

a short block is a the bottom end of the motor... block + rotating assembly... long block is everything from the heads down minus the oil pan.. long/short blocks have nothing to do with windsors and clevelands...

a fox t5 trans will not work in an sn95 as the input shaft is too short

95PGTTech

Reaction score
98GTnSC said:
alright. and yeh i completely understand that. does ne1 have ne suggestions on where i cud get ne deals on any superchargers? centrifugal and twin screw mainly

on here and other mustang sites, ebay, craigslist, etc.
vortech and procharger are the popular stuff

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online