how much for a pretty good paint job

98GTnSC

Reaction score
so my car could use a good paint job. full body. just wondering what would be a good estimate of a full paint job at a descent shop. heard around 2-3k but just wondering what you guys think or have had experience with. car is Laser Red and wanting to POSSIBLY do an O-BASF Heinekin Green Metallic. heres a link to the car i saw the color on and think it would look great on an SN with the right body combination. so any help would be grateful.
http://www.importtuner.com/features/impp_1001_2003_acura_rsx_s/index.html

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
i was quoted at around $2500 for a factory color respray at a good body shop.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
its gonna be like 3Kish for a good respray... more if you need body work.

I have seen people do their own prep work, take the car to a cheap shop to get a $500 paint job, then the own of the car did all the color sanding and it turned out great. Shocked me when he told me how it was done.

OP
OP

98GTnSC

Reaction score
well its gonna need a little body work. got a few small dings here and there. nothing crazy. but would it be better/cheaper to have the bumpers,sideskirts,spoiler, and hood off when i take it into paint. i just think itd be alot easier for them to reach everywhere evenly and not reach the crevaces as well as if they were separated. might just go with a nicer color similar to the Laser Red so i dont hav to pull everything out the engine bay and respray that also. might go with a Candy Brandy Wine

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
FYI, Laser red is the 2nd most expensive Mustang Color to Paint (Under Mystic)

It cost me $800 just to have my Rear bumper resprayed..... and that was with No body work, just paint. I went to to several shops and they all quoted me about the same. Laser Red is just Expensive to paint because its 3 stage metallic paint .

Alot of people that want Laser Red usually get Repainted Redfire because its cheaper to paint.

OP
OP

98GTnSC

Reaction score
damn. didnt know that lol. might just save up and whatever i have @ the time i decide to get it painted ill decide my final color off of that. any suggestions would be great! just prolly gonna stick with some deep red color though. suggestions welcome

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
My brothers lazer red paint respray with a bunch of body work, etc. cost him 4 or 5k I forget which one it was

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Laser Red is such an evil color.... Fades pink if you dont take care if it.

If you have Laser red, you MUST get a car cover.

Slykin

Reaction score
I think when it's time to get repainted i'm going white. White FTW. Laser Red doesn't like my pocketbook.

OP
OP

98GTnSC

Reaction score
i would like a different color other than laser red or a similar color but i dont wanna have to pull the engine and ll to get under the hood repainted that color as well. otherwise id love white or that Heineken Green Metallic....

OP
OP

98GTnSC

Reaction score
so far from wut im hearing its gonna run me about 3k starting. dam*! now go fast parts have to wait

greenscobie86

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
Laser Red is such an evil color.... Fades pink if you dont take care if it.

If you have Laser red, you MUST get a car cover.

Yea, tell me about it lol.

I need a front bumper painted on my car... I hope I can get the work done reasonably cheap/good...

OP
OP

98GTnSC

Reaction score
what all would be involved in getting my engine bay repainted. say if i went a different color?

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
To properly respray a car the correct way, the entire car needs to be pulled apart. The engine needs to be removed and the interior gutted so that every spot can be painted the new color.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
it cost me $500.00 to do a single 1/4 panel. 100% of the prep work and materials included.

3 stage red paint is pretty much the most costly out there. with the exception of mystic :p

98Viperblue

Reaction score
When you have friends that have dad's that do it for a living. 700$ ftw!

OP
OP

98GTnSC

Reaction score
so make new friends? lol. well ill see how things are going by the time i have the money to get a paint job and all my body parts are in(hood, spoiler, etc). then ill decide on what color to paint the car. how hard would it be to just remove everything in the engine bay. looks like alot of sh1t! lol. im just used to carbed cars and how easy and simple everything is

topless95

Reaction score
with the economy the way it is, try and find a painter with a good reputation (who can prove it) and see if he does side jobs(some dealerships will occasionally let their painters do side jobs in their booths). I did that and I am very happy with my painters work, and I got a great deal!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online

No members online now.