How much should I expect to pay..

Discussion in 'Exterior and Interior' started by 1997coupe, Nov 13, 2014.

1. 1997coupe

1997coupe Active Member

I been wanting to get my eclipse painted for awhile now. But the thing is I dont know what is a good price to pay.. im wanting the door jams and all to be painted. what should I look for this to cost? I want to make this..[​IMG] look like this[​IMG]

2. Burninriverdiver

Burninriverdiver Well-Known Member

Maaco did a good job on my old stang I had in high school (2007) with the door jambs for around $800. I had a few areas that I was unsatisfied with and they corrected them for free. The thing about going to maaco is you have to read the customer reviews shop by shop... I believe they are franchised out, so each one builds their own reputation. The one I went to in canton, oh did a great job and had great reviews. It's not a bad option for a budget paint job if you find one that stands behind their work.

3. whiplash473

whiplash473 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

$10k but it depends on you're geographic area.

PLEASE for the sake of your vehicle don't go to Maaco or any other place that does it for less than $2k. You may think it looks fine but anyone that knows anything about auto body can spot a shit job literally across a parking lot, don't embarrass yourself.

EDIT: What the hell is that second pic, people on the way to a yellow vehicle convention?

4. 1997coupe

1997coupe Active Member

Lol. I noticed that nice yellow mustang in the background. And so im looking at around next summer. I want this car to look great I.know its.not old and not worth very much but I like it. And im going to give it to my kid one day..

5. ttocs

ttocs Legend

you can pay as much as you could possibly imagine paying, and you will generally get what you paid for. I have decided to do my own and went with a mid-high grade paint and clear and between that and the primer I have a $600 box of liquids waiting to go on it. I had maaco install my side exhaust skirts and paint them and they did a good job on all aspects but it was a $500 bill for those pieces so I was expecting it to look good. As he said they are franchised and can vary heavily.

6. Orange 94

Orange 94 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

$800 from Maaco? That seems sketchy...
    My supplies for my paint job were $800 alone.

7. whiplash473

Exactly ^ I've got $1500 in my paint job and that's doing every bit myself and not even the entire car at this point.

8. Orange 94

The best way to save money on a paint job is to do the body work yourself and make friends with a painter.

9. whiplash473

The only problem with that is when it comes down to "oh, I thought that wave would go away with paint." Me: "uhm, no, primer, sealer, base, and clear coat are millimeters thick, that wave is gonna show."

10. Orange 94

Well then make a really good painter friend that will help with body work :p

11. 1997coupe

1997coupe Active Member

Well looks like im going to set that on that back burner for.awhile