How to Clean White Convertible Top?

Tinhorse

Reaction score
I have a '95 Sapphire Blue GT convertible with a white top and no matter what I have used, I cannot get the top back to the white it was when the top was new. not even close. has anyone been successful cleaning theirs? If so, what did you use?

Dan Patti

Reaction score
I dont have a white top, but I use 303 cleaner with a soft brush. Then put the 303 protectant on it when its clean. It always looks good.

Orl1mjf

Reaction score
I had a blue 95 with a white top that I had purchased, unfortunately the car was allowed to sit outside under a tree. The top was moldy, white, black and brown, no matter what cleaners I tried nothing made a real difference.
Figuring I would have to replace the top, I tried one last attempt at cleaning it. I carefully taped up all the painted surfaces with plastic sheeting and tape, then I filled a spray bottle with bleach. I sprayed entire top and let it soak, then repeated the process a few times. By the next day the top was pure white and looked new. If you decide to try this, make sure you don’t let bleach sit on exposed paint, I would rinse down the covered body panels each time after spraying the top with bleach for added insurance.

dwcopple

Reaction score
Try OxiClean and HOT water or Super Clean (purple jug) 50/50 with HOT water.

Highlandchef

Reaction score
I used clorox cleanup and a soft bristle brush. Once it is clean you need to spray the top with protectant.

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
Soft Scrub, but obviously clean it off, and treat it afterward. Mr Clean Magic Eraser wasn’t a thing when I had my white vinyl top, or I probably would’ve tried that first.

...red interior and a white top... ...what was Ford thinking in 94?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online