How to detail the area the wheel spins in?

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Its not called a wheel well, but the dirty part the tire sits/spins in. Being 4x4 it shows itself to every car and i wanna make it shiny and black. I was going to use armor all, but if it gets wet during rain it might drip and cause a loss of traction while driving? :dontknow:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think your talking about the plastic shield inside the wheel well area.

scrub it clean with a brush/soap. For shine u can use an interior plastic trim detailer, as long as it dries to the touch.
I like the Obsessive Silk Shine

http://www.obsessivedetail.com/Interior.html

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
I think your talking about the plastic shield inside the wheel well area.

scrub it clean with a brush/soap. For shine u can use an interior plastic trim detailer, as long as it dries to the touch.
I like the Obsessive Silk Shine

http://www.obsessivedetail.com/Interior.html

Yep, that area. Its pretty nasty. 10+ years of dirt, salt, grime all mixed into one just caked up inside that area.

joekd

Reaction score
I just take the wheels off and hit them with a lot of degreaser and a wheel brush

Also I have heard a lot of people who spray paint them once a year after cleaning

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Front: Simple Green, Brush, Dry with air, Shoot with Adams Invisible Undercarriage Spray.

Rear: Simple Green, Dry, Paint with Undercarriage Coating, Shoot with Adams Invisible Undercarriage Spray.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
Front: Simple Green, Brush, Dry with air, Shoot with Adams Invisible Undercarriage Spray.

Rear: Simple Green, Dry, Paint with Undercarriage Coating, Shoot with Adams Invisible Undercarriage Spray.

have you any before and after pictures of this process?? im intrigued....

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
haha
white95 said:
SRT Handz said:

[/q
white95 said:
SRT Handz said:

lol..thats actually a very good process that he is using.

G

GREG@SN95

just clean it with a brush and all purpose cleaner...

then spray some armor all on the plastic, or tire shine... or even wd40... or buy the fancy stuff...

ram360

Reaction score
When I had a big lifted truck I used to use the spray foam tire shine on the wheel well liners. They looked awesome and like brand new.

G

GREG@SN95

ram360 said:
When I had a big lifted truck I used to use the spray foam tire shine on the wheel well liners. They looked awesome and like brand new.

yup... i really see no reason to buy fancy "undercarriage" spray... i try to keep shit simple and not waste money... we're talking about detailing sn95s... the only reason i see for buying all the fancy sprays and shit is if you have a some fuckin old gt500 with zero miles and you never drive it...

so after you clean your car, just spray the tire shine into the wheel wells after, or even before, its entirely up to you... you spray your tires...

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
rebelyell said:
yup... i really see no reason to buy fancy "undercarriage" spray... i try to keep **** simple and not waste money... we're talking about detailing sn95s... the only reason i see for buying all the fancy sprays and **** is if you have a some fuckin old gt500 with zero miles and you never drive it...

so after you clean your car, just spray the tire shine into the wheel wells after, or even before, its entirely up to you... you spray your tires...

Detailing is ALL about the product.....shitty product (WD40) will produce poor results.

Thats my why car looks so good ALL the time lol

G

GREG@SN95

SRT Handz said:
rebelyell said:
yup... i really see no reason to buy fancy "undercarriage" spray... i try to keep **** simple and not waste money... we're talking about detailing sn95s... the only reason i see for buying all the fancy sprays and **** is if you have a some fuckin old gt500 with zero miles and you never drive it...

Detailing is ALL about the product.....shitty product (WD40) will produce poor results.

dude... we're talking about wheel wells on a mustang that probably doesn't even have a blue book value of 5 grand... to waste money on a product to clean it is pure ignorance... its like plating your tail pipes with gold... pointless...

G

GREG@SN95

lol... or like polishing a turd... you can do it but why would you?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
who cares about the blue book. clean is clean.
In my experience, products do make a different, the rest is elbow grease.

and like I said earlier, something that dries to the touch. oil or silicone based crappy stuff will attract dirt and grime and you'll have to scrub all that crap off later.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
rebelyell said:
dude... we're talking about wheel wells on a mustang that probably doesn't even have a blue book value of 5 grand... to waste money on a product to clean it is pure ignorance...

not everything is a muddy bronco haha

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I like the painting idea, i think i am going to scrub mine out with simple green and a brush then hit it with some gloss black paint and clear to see if that works. Then i might just get away with a quick wash every few months to keep it clean in there.

wytstang

Reaction score
rebelyell said:
SRT Handz said:
rebelyell said:

dude... we're talking about wheel wells on a mustang that probably doesn't even have a blue book value of 5 grand... to waste money on a product to clean it is pure ignorance... its like plating your tail pipes with gold... pointless...
No everyone keeps there car like crap. Some of us take pride in what we worked hard to get.

G

GREG@SN95

wytstang said:
rebelyell said:
SRT Handz said:
rebelyell said:

No everyone keeps there car like crap. Some of us take pride in what we worked hard to get.

its not keeping your car like crap, its just not wasting your money on crap you don't need, its don't believe the shit people tell you that you need to buy special wheel well spray cause armor-all isn't good enough...

Its retarded...
You can buy...

vinyl cleaner,
leather cleaner
plastic cleaner
black plastic cleaner
engine cleaner
vinyl protectant, treater
leather protectant, treater
plastic protectant, treater
black plastic protectant, treater
engine protectant, treater

all for 400 bucks...

or you could say to yourself, "Hey, thats total bullshit, cause all purpose cleaner cleans all the above, and armor treats and protects plastic leather and vinyl... and black plastic is still plastic. and then i only gotta spend 20 bucks"

or you can be an idiot and waste your money, cause you read on the internet or heard at some detailing convention that you need a different cleaner for the plastic in the car then you need for outside the car...

Its all advertising... Take it from someone that makes a living detailing... or believe kids that live at home with mom and dad, the company that gets paid to advertise these products, or the company that makes the product...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online