How to detail the area the wheel spins in?

wytstang

Reaction score
Take it from someone that makes a living detailing
Thats exactly where my info come from. Yes you can use some all purpose cleaner to clean engines/interiors. Funny though the actual professional detailers I'm speaking with are the ones recommending quality products and skip the cheap stuff. Why work harder when you can pay extra and get a product that works better, faster, and or last longer?
After years of using parts store/wal mart detailing products I know I get better results using the good stuff.
Using cheap inferior products and calling yourself a pro it pretty funny.

G

GREG@SN95

wytstang said:
Take it from someone that makes a living detailing
Thats exactly where my info come from. Yes you can use some all purpose cleaner to clean engines/interiors. Funny though the actual professional detailers I'm speaking with are the ones recommending quality products and skip the cheap stuff. Why work harder when you can pay extra and get a product that works better, faster, and or last longer?
After years of using parts store/wal mart detailing products I know I get better results using the good stuff.
Using cheap inferior products and calling yourself a pro it pretty funny.

I'm not gonna sit and argue with you... Believe what you want... I learned from an old timer who was detailing for over 30 years...

Just one thing though, I guarantee that my clients will not need to have anymore detail work done for at least 6 months... or I will redo my work free... and I've only been taken up on that 3 times...

l_2d5903897c5689883b15fbdb37d0c721.jpg

^^ Thats one of my first details... I used the "shitty walmart" meguires products... Funny how most people can't get a car looking like that with $1000 worth of wax and polish...

The professional detailer who gave you your info is wrong... He would make a hell of alot more money if he only knew what he was doing...

I spend 2 to 3 hours max on a detail and charge minimum 300 bucks... I am booked for this month and next month and I do NO advertising, all my clients I get through word of mouth and every client has me come back every 6 months (they schedule 6 months in advance)... And I do this on the side and in the winter when work is slow...

Take my word for it, or believe the hype... Spend all your money or save some... I really don't care...

G

GREG@SN95

BTW, I'm not saying to buy shitty products... what I'm saying is these products you THINK are so great really aren't...

wytstang

Reaction score
The professional detailer who gave you your info is wrong... He would make a hell of alot more money if he only knew what he was doing...
Wrong Detailer's plural and showing me a picture of a car at a distance means little to nothing. Show me before and after close up pictures.
what I'm saying is these products you THINK are so great really aren't...
I've used what you are using years ago and even then I knew the had to be better. You call it hype because you can't afford the good stuff, YOU said so yourself
This was one of my first details, I didn't have alot of money, I couldn't afford better products. So I took what little money I had, and bought a product that I didn't have to order online...
So calling up stupid cause we can afford them is lame and shows piss poor character. BTW this is what "hype" can do, close ups.
IMG_0026Medium.jpg

IMG_0016Medium.jpg

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Is a mint 97 Cobra worth $8,900? Its crystal white with black interior and 62k miles. Some exhaust and suspension mods.

G

GREG@SN95

wytstang said:
Wrong Detailer's plural and showing me a picture of a car at a distance means little to nothing. Show me before and after close up pictures.
what I'm saying is these products you THINK are so great really aren't...
I've used what you are using years ago and even then I knew the had to be better. You call it hype because you can't afford the good stuff, YOU said so yourself
This was one of my first details, I didn't have alot of money, I couldn't afford better products. So I took what little money I had, and bought a product that I didn't have to order online...
So calling up stupid cause we can afford them is lame and shows piss poor character. BTW this is what "hype" can do, close ups.
IMG_0026Medium.jpg

IMG_0016Medium.jpg

I never once said that there aren't better products out there... not once... I know thats not true... I switched over to poor boys, optimum and obsessive detail stuff as soon as I had money...

What I said, is there is no need to go out and spend alot of money and order expensive products offline, you can have a very good looking car at a much lower cost... Some people prefer to buy the expensive stuff and there is nothing wrong with that... I don't think there is anything wrong with buying mothers or meguires stuff from walmart or autozone... And I think its just plain silly to buy some fancy wheel well or undercarriage spray offline... Theres no need for it... And theres no need to buy different products for different color plastics and leather and vinyl etc...

So if you feel you need to spend a fortune on 30 bottles of different sprays, whatever... But I'm saying you don't need too

here's the before the first polish and after you asked for on 30+ year old paint...

l_8bd9b7a12ef41621ef89f67bea38f3e9.jpg

BTW... car pics look great, good work

wytstang

Reaction score
And I think its just plain silly to buy some fancy wheel well or undercarriage spray offline...
That I agree with, Any water based dressing would do the job just fine for wheel wells.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online