How to for changing shift solenoids?

inneyeseakay

Reaction score
How hard/easy of a task is this? Is it something that can be done from jack stands or is a lift required?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
How hard/easy of a task is this? Is it something that can be done from jack stands or is a lift required?

Shift solenoids are really easy to change. What year is your car? If its pre 97 then you just need the solenoids. Pull the pan, remove the old solenoid, install the new one. Easy as that.

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
It's a 96

Sent from my Galaxy S7Active using Tapatalk

Not a problem. Pull the pan and you will see how easy it is. Unplug the solenoid, remove it from the valve body, then install the new ones and plug them in.

Thats if I remember correctly. Ill pull the pan on one of my spare units tomorrow and let you know what you are up against.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Probably a dumb question. Im auto tranny illiterate. Why would the solenoid need replacing? What are the symptoms?

OP
OP
I

inneyeseakay

Reaction score
Probably a dumb question. Im auto tranny illiterate. Why would the solenoid need replacing? What are the symptoms?
No 1st or 4th and P0750 is a pretty sure sign of Shift Solenoid 1 problems.

You'll typically have a code or codes thrown for bad solenoids and shifting problems.

Sent from my Galaxy S7Active using Tapatalk

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
They will create shifting issues and typically will throw a code. Thats when the solenoid fails electrically, if it fails mechanically you will have shifting issues with no codes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online