How to Store the 94GT Properly....?

NYC94GT

Reaction score
Wazzup?
I know it's Summer, however I plan on storing the Stang for the Winter at my rental home in PA and was wondering what do you guys do to yours for good Winter-tight storage?

I read where the doors should be left slightly open to where they click the first position but not completely closed.
Raise the car on jack stands so it is off the suspension.
Add "Water-Wetter" to the coolant
Add a good oil additive
Run a gas stablizer in the tank
Block the exhaust pipes and intake so to keep out the moisture as best as possible
Disconnect the battery

Is there anything else??

Thanks! :thumb:

el docum

Reaction score
Hello,

I read where the doors should be left slightly open to where they click the first position but not completely closed.
Raise the car on jack stands so it is off the suspension.
Add "Water-Wetter" to the coolant
Add a good oil additive
Run a gas stablizer in the tank
Block the exhaust pipes and intake so to keep out the moisture as best as possible
Disconnect the battery

I'm from Canada, so I store my Mustang each winter.

I don't understand the first advice, I think it's better to close the door completely.

I never jack the suspension because it's not good for the frame, IMO the car is built to stay on his wheels, it's important to check the air pressure in your tire before you store it, but you dint have to jack it.

I agree for the additive, it's important to full your tank before the car is store, also it's better to clean up the car, in and out and the engine bay.

F.

theponyfactor

Reaction score
I remember reading on this board somewhere to put an open box of baking soda inside the car to help with moisture.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
theponyfactor said:
I remember reading on this board somewhere to put an open box of baking soda inside the car to help with moisture.

x2

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
you deliver to orlando florida, so i can drive it for you during the winter. ^-^

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
winter? Whats Winter?

Gotta love So Cal!!! Thanks to global warming california just keeps getting warmer and warmer and when the weather is warm in cali, the bitches start to come out :pimp:

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't put my car away for the winter, I drive it.

But +1 on the baking soda or dryer sheets.

If you are worried about flat spotting the tires you can get the tire dollies and put the car on them. Then you can move it around if necesary.

Don't just disconnect the battery, remove it and put it in a warm place. Unless the garage is heated or warm.

Here is an example of the wheel dollies I am talking about. I bought these at a B.J.'s Wholesale Club.
100_1598-vi.jpg

OP
OP
N

NYC94GT

Reaction score
Thanks fellas. The reason why I said to keep the doors open "one click" is because I saw on "Motortrend TV" one time where they said to do so when storing. It keeps the weather stripping from flattening out. Just wondering if anyone else did that... But I also read where you should jack the car up on stands so the springs don't droop either. The dryer sheets and or Baking Soda is key...

:pimp2:

95-stang

Reaction score
Just dont bury it underground in a bunker, there's a fair chance water might get in. ;)

Kornnut

Reaction score
Don't leave the doors open. The hinges, and bushings will be forced to hold all the weight. That will cause sagging.

Stay-Bil is your friend for the gas

Change your oil every 3 months.

ripper

Reaction score
Sta-Bil for sure. Todays gas needs it. I start my car once a week during the winter. I try to go around the block a couple times to use the brakes and move everything. And i got the baking soda tip last yr.

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score
When I put mine away I alway put Sta-bill in the gas and always put a lil bit more air in the tires so they don't get any flat spots. I did put in something that was made to collect moisture one year and it had none in it. I would keep the doors shut and throw a car cover over it to keep excessive dust off of it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online