How To: Wheel Cleaning Tips & Tricks

Handz

Reaction score
On my SN95 I run aggressive Porterfield R4-S pads on the street. They create a MASSIVE amount of brake dust. Break dust can embedded into wheels causing permanent damage to wheels and rims. Removing brake dust and cleaning wheels without scratching is important. I address the issue, i made a video showing my detailed steps on how I clean my Mustang wheels.

Enjoy the video!!!

Feel free to post comments and questions.

[video=youtube;-hXmbLiEwtc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hXmbLiEwtc[/video]

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have this problem from needing to replace the shit pads/rotors I have on, they dust like crazy. I was just thinking about how you would go about this the other day.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
12:08 turned me on. So did the 'stache.

How often would you recommend cleaning wheels to avoid the brake dust adding up and damaging the wheels? Is everytime I wash the car okay? Which is about once a month I'd say.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Also, is that "nonsense" cleaner silicone free? (body shop safe, however you wanna say it.)

OP
OP
Handz

Handz

Reaction score
12:08 turned me on. So did the 'stache.

How often would you recommend cleaning wheels to avoid the brake dust adding up and damaging the wheels? Is everytime I wash the car okay? Which is about once a month I'd say.

Yeah, everytime you wash your car. I wash my car weekly or BiWeekly at the most. The reason people have messed up wheels is because the brake dust ate passed the outer layer of coating.

Also, is that "nonsense" cleaner silicone free? (body shop safe, however you wanna say it.)

Yes.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I just wipe my wheels off every car wash with a small amount of product. Seems to do the trick since I wash my car pretty frequently.

OP
OP
Handz

Handz

Reaction score
I just wipe my wheels off every car wash with a small amount of product. Seems to do the trick since I wash my car pretty frequently.

This works very well.... But i also like to clean the inside of the wheels.

Stock brake pads on mustang produce very little dust. These brake pads are aggressive street/track pads that produce a stupid amount of dust.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
since I got my foam gun/wand wash but thingy last year its all easy..... Love that thing and should have got it sooner but its also the best car show door price I ever got.

WhiteStallion94

Reaction score
I spray the wheels down and hit them with a pressure washer. My wheel cleaner is good I don't even need to agitate 95% of the time, even on wheels that haven't been cleaned in forever.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online