I am in dier need of some quick, professional advice! Help guys!

freefallin98

Reaction score
Alright se heres the deal. Who ever had my car before me didnt tell me that they did a helio coil on the #6 cylinder before I got it so the spark plug blew out a few weeks ago and we had our mechanic go in to re-tap it and he said that I need new heads now cuz it is blows to big now that it happened again. I reeally need some ACURATE, QUICK advice on where and what to buy. Now, I am obviously going to do P.I. swap with intake. But would it be more benneficial to just pick up a set of used heads or go all out and get a set of say Patriot's or Edelbrocks or something? What do I do cuz I want to spend as little as possible but I also want to the comfort of knowing I have something reliable that I not going to break on me again. What do i do guys? Also, my mechanic is charging me $40/hour which is pretty good but isnt it like a 15 hour job or something? How hard is the install for a couple teenagers who had good directions and some good common sense? Please get back to me asap guys. Thanks,

Sean

FOR SALE
98' White GT
Cobra bumper/hood
Flowmaster cat-back
BBK O/R h-pipe
JBA Shorty Headers
Mac C.A.I.
Pro 5.0 Shifter
17" Cobra R wheels
upper/lower rear control arms
eibach progressive springs
Autometer gauges

Grnstang

Reaction score
Well, as far as the labour I couldn't really help ya much there, but go to seanhylandmotorsport.com and there is an entire kit with patriot heads, everything needed to install for about 1500. Not too bad. Also I think Ford Racing has a pretty good kit as well. As far as buying heads used, well, I've heard horror stories, so if it we're me I would buy them new. You never know what condition they're going to be until you actually look them over. machining them would probably get costly and you'd have been just as well to buy them new. That's just my opinion.
If no one else gets back to you, I'll talk to my buddy, excellent mechanic and mustang lover, and ask him what he thinks about how hard the install is. Good luck with whatever you decide.

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
Well I know that Patriot had some valve issues, but they seem to fixed now! But I do think that the seanhylandmotorsports kit is a good valve and the ford racing one seems to be good too!

black98gt

Reaction score
i was just on the shm site and i cant find that kit anywhere. can someone link it thks

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Don't forget Powerheads is one of our forum sponsors and offers a complete PI swap with options for ported heads and or upgraded cams and offer a 10% discount IIRC...Dalamar has their headswap and says they have great service.
www.powerheads.com

Steen Racing also has the same options www.steenracing.com

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online