I am putting a 94 sc motor in my 94 v6

godsrods

Reaction score
Is there any specific info anyone has on doing this swap. and I just want the car to be a little different so gt guys dont tell me to put in a 5.0 I dont want tojavascript:void(0);angry4. anything regarding my swap is appreciated so thanks for the help. :notworthy:

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
godsrods said:
Is there any specific info anyone has on doing this swap. and I just want the car to be a little different so gt guys dont tell me to put in a 5.0 I dont want tojavascript:void(0);angry4. anything regarding my swap is appreciated so thanks for the help. :notworthy:

here: http://3.8mustang.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142607

brad94GT

Reaction score
i helped a buddy of mine put just the blower and intercooler on his car. its not that hard, and alot cheaper than a whole motor swap. just remember to get it tuned or else.

GDTrumbo

Reaction score
That would be a cool swap. Me, I would just put the whole engine/blower/trans/ECM and all in it.

GT

OP
OP
G

godsrods

Reaction score
I have the whole motor already. My mustangs engine overheated and has 170,000 mi on it so I just want to swap the motor and tranny that I have for it
the engine I have is from a 94 sc and has 61,000 mi on it the trans is from another mustang and has about 71,000 on it. I like this swap because it is different and keeps the weight down on the car. I will try to keep things posted on here. I have some questions about weather I should use the sensors and harness out or the mustang or use the sc's?

OP
OP
G

godsrods

Reaction score
buying long tube headers this week and going through the new trans

ZachSav

Reaction score
you can use everything from your mustang, harness and all, the only change i believe is the IAT lines have to be lengthened... you also need a 255lph fuel pump and bigeer MAF, preferably a 90mm... im doing the blower swap too, this is mine though.

DSC_0714.jpg

ZachSav

Reaction score
and you need to use the supercoupe throttle cable.

ZachSav

Reaction score
just go with sct... you get all the benifits of a tuner, and are able to monitor, read codes, and change small things yourself.

OP
OP
G

godsrods

Reaction score
I am looking at mac longtube headers anyone have any exp.with them

OP
OP
G

godsrods

Reaction score
:violent1: so I had a pipe burst in my house that has stopped me from working on the car and took most of my money in the process. but starting up my project again finally. so does any one know If I can still use the original ac compressor or do I need one from a supercoupe?

OP
OP
G

godsrods

Reaction score
I am looking for some first gen supercoupe pulleys anyone know anybody who has a set?

OP
OP
G

godsrods

Reaction score
I have looked at changing the stock headers so they would work or having a set made. This is a big issue on my swap cuz the backpressure in this motor can be a killer so I need good exhaust flow!!!!!!!!

NXcoupe

Reaction score
We put the mac longtubes on a couple V6 cars, and they work real well. If you use the copper gaskets they send with the headers, I would make darn sure they are very tight. I usually use that red high temp, O2 safe silicone and then tighten them down, without gaskets, and they never leak.
Also, did you know the back of that engine is the same bolt pattern on the bellhousing as a 5.0? It's pretty cool because you can run a V8 trans behind it and loose the crappy sc trans.
Post up some pics man, i want to see this come together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STANGFLOYD

Members online