I Hate 99-04 GT Mustangs Sometimes!

IEC Stang

Reaction score
Ok, so i was driving to work in the morning and all the sudden this 99-04 silver gt convertible pulls out in front of me and so i'm like ok no big deal. Then he must have seen that i was behind him so whenever he would accelerate from a stop he would get on it. So i'm like ok you want to play? So he makes a left turn and i follow but as soon as i make the turn i floor it and come up right behind him real fast and slow down. Then he makes a right turn on to the highway and he is in the left lane so i make the turn and floor it and he must have been goin 55 or so and i fly past him doing 95, and i was like yea take that! I swear it ticks me off when guys in 99-04 pick on us 96-98 gt's. They think their all that and a bag of potato chips just cause they have their stupid pi heads, cams, and intake. So if any of u guys have story's of beatin the poop out of 99-04's let me hear it because it would make me feel a lot better. thanx :)

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
So because they are: Newer, better looking, fast, worth more, and every cool mod motor part is designed for them, you hate them?

Methinks you have an insecurity issue about it all, get some better heads and an intake lol.

Besides, the whole drive slow until they try to pass me game is my favorite game to play lol.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
J.R. said:
So because they are: Newer, better looking, fast, worth more, and every cool mod motor part is designed for them, you hate them?

Methinks you have an insecurity issue about it all, get some better heads and an intake lol.

Besides, the whole drive slow until they try to pass me game is my favorite game to play lol.

Newer,Faster Stock but how many mustangs are stock?, Worth More...but not better looking and all the same mod motor parts work with 96-98s :dunno:

ive never lost to a 99-04 GT for the record.

I beat an 04 5 speed by like 8 car lengths from a dig. I beat one from a 40 roll a while ago too.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
I've ran into the same situations. Whenever a guy with a modded edge GT sees my car, it's always play time haha. I even raced a 04 Mach 1 on the interstate. I don't think he was giving it his all cuz I pulled on him.. maybe he shifted into the wrong gear or something but we did it twice but idk..
ANYWAYS, I don't think they are picking on me. More like they want to see what I got haha. Which is fine with me... even though I'm slow. Even though I did beat an 03 GT by two cars before I blew my motor. He was into 3rd and at my rear bumper catching up but by then I mean... dang I was doing good haa. From a dig that is. Spun all the way to 55mph. But that was a while ago haha.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
J.R. said:

Newer,Faster Stock but how many mustangs are stock?, Worth More...but not better looking and all the same mod motor parts work with 96-98s :dunno:

I beat an 04 5 speed by like 8 car lengths from a dig. I beat one from a 40 roll a while ago too.

All the same part's do not work, first of all. Secondly, stock is the only way to compare. I've seen a ten second Dodge Colt, it's still a Dodge Colt, and you can make anything fast.

Black97GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Wow...grats on the flyby :thumb:.

Edgers will run high 13's stock if you DRIVE them. I've seen it done...however some people will run slower than an NPI GT just cuz they can't drive.
J.R. said:
All the same part's do not work, first of all. Secondly, stock is the only way to compare. I've seen a ten second Dodge Colt, it's still a Dodge Colt, and you can make anything fast.

+1

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
J.R. said:
justinschmidt1 said:
J.R. said:

ok...what parts dont work?

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Any of the better tuning features, no bolt on turbo kit's, any cams worth buying, fuel system is retarded (returnless is superior).

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
I ran an 03 (he's a member here "hardontires") when I had my NPI motor. I had an intake, midpipe, short throw and pullies. He had a catback and a catted H and was an auto. The best I could do was stay near his rear tire.

99-04 GT's perform much better than our NPI's, especially with just bolt-on's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online