I have some engine questions

OP
OP
A

atrainsgt

Reaction score
It will certainly be getting a s/c of some kind as soon as possible. I'm a poor college student, I have to go in stages.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yeah, 305 is what it was rated. I read one sentence on that site though that made me stop reading, "The Mach 1 offered a 305hp version of the 4.6L found in the GT." WRONG lol

945LSTANG

Reaction score
OnyxCobra said:
Yeah, 305 is what it was rated. I read one sentence on that site though that made me stop reading, "The Mach 1 offered a 305hp version of the 4.6L found in the GT." WRONG lol

i dont know if theres any truth to this but i heard that the machs were under rated and really did put out around 320.

machs are pretty damn close to the 99/01 cobra stock for stock.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yeah i always figured the mach would be more like 320 since that's what the 01 cobra was, didn't make sense they'd go backwards...

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
The IRMC were used in the 96-98 Cobra's and the Lincolns. Basically it is a valve that opens the secondary intake port at 3250RPM's.

The way I understand it is that the heads flow to good at low RPM's and kill your low end torque. So Ford installed these flappers to shut the air flow at lower RPM's.

Here is a quick write up on replacing the IMRC actuator and cleaning the secondary ports.

http://home.flash.net/~ivc1/cobra/imrc.html

Hoseitdown

Reaction score
^ thanks.... so you just take them off and clean them, or can you do away with them? i guiess so, since is called deleting it right?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
^ thanks.... so you just take them off and clean them, or can you do away with them? i guiess so, since is called deleting it right?
ask Gary, he can tell you all about them ...

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Snakebit said:

I don't know for sure. I did not do mine yet. But I would imagine they have some kind of spacer plate to fill the gap. Then you have to have the tuner shut it down in the computer so It does not constantly throw a code.

But like I said, I am not sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online