i need help!!! please!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RelapsedGT, Mar 26, 2007.

1. RelapsedGT

RelapsedGT New Member

ok.. at first my car was runnin like crap like the injectors or somethin was clogged.. i ran a couple tanks with fuel injector cleaner in it and it didnt do n e thing.. so then i thought maybe im fowlin plugs.. so i checked the plugs that i put in about a year ago nd the were not even burnt or anything.. u could still c the white.. at first it seemed like it was runnin better but then it ran like crap again.. i can drive it but then when i get up to around 3500 rpm it starts boggin down nd it kinda feels like it does when u r hitting the rev limiter.. i really need help.. i cant stand it bein like this nd i dont want to mess it up even more by drivin it.. can n e one help me.. i would really appreciate it.. what do u guys think it could b? thanks guys

2. Red96GT

Red96GT Legend

Does it idle funny?

and next time it would make it easier if you typed out words like "be" and "and". ;D

3. cmher18

cmher18 Active Member

Fuel filter/wires/spark plugs

I would due the fuel filter first mine did the same thing. I put a new FORD fuel filter in and was good And its cheap and easy

4. RelapsedGT

RelapsedGT New Member

sorry about the spelling.. i forgot to mention that i did put a new fuel filter on it. and no it doesnt idle funny

5. Anrev

Anrev Active Member

Check your timing.

6. RelapsedGT

RelapsedGT New Member

im still stuck.. anybody else have any ideas? thanks

7. 97vertstang

97vertstang Well-Known Member

check ur firing order and look for any vacuum leaks???? do u have any engine codes??? check ur air intake tract, check ur distributor cap and rotor , look for any leaking fluids, any vacuum hoses broken,??? spark plug wires, condition?? timing??we need more info......

8. RelapsedGT

RelapsedGT New Member

?

9. Teal_Beast

Teal_Beast New Member

make sure you dont have a plug that is burnt or melted, aka resting on a header.

10. 68mustang5.0

68mustang5.0 Active Member

Is it a 5.0 or a 4.6?

11. Spyder

Spyder Active Member

I had a similar problem when I had my 95 gt. It ended that one of my cats fell apart and was blocking the exhaust. Does you exhaust sound choked at all when you hit that point where it stops pulling?

12. TxCobrA98

TxCobrA98 Legend

check your vacuum lines.. you may have a hole in one of them.. they can be hard to spot but i believe you can take it somewhere and they can run a test on it and find it.. im not exactly sure though.. does your car vibrate real bad at idle? any noises that your car makes that seems to be going along with this problem?