i need some help

VertTireSmoke

Reaction score
Alright well i got the results from the mechanic. Apparently i threw a bearing and fucked the crank all up. From what he says im gonna have to replace the crank, maybe a rod, bearings, oil pump, lifters and need a gasket set. I was kinda thinking bout while the motor was out going ahead and getting forged internals. good idea? Im gonna need to refinance my loan to the value of the car which should get me about $3-$4k. So i guess im looking for a lil reassurance that im doing the right thing or a better idea. I kinda plan on going N/A but if i get the forged internals going with like a 125-150 shot.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Forged internals are the way to go if you are going to rebuild. Which would be recomended.

97blackgt

Reaction score
typically when a bearing is spun cant the crank be ground down, or polished if the scratches arnt deep?

if everything you say is going to need to be reaplces i would say go for the forged bottom end O0

OP
OP
V

VertTireSmoke

Reaction score
97blackgt said:
typically when a bearing is spun cant the crank be ground down, or polished if the scratches arnt deep?

if everything you say is going to need to be reaplces i would say go for the forged bottom end O0
generally how much does it cost for a forged bottom end?

97blackgt

Reaction score
i would say 1500-1800ish for crank, pistons, and rods...

there are people ALOT more knowledgeable than me on the topic though, im sure they will chime in

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
before you order anything, make sure what you want to do in terms of future mods. you will want to order the right pistons to get the ideal compression for what you need.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online