I NEED YOUR OPINION!! (Boost build)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by HISNHERS5.0, Sep 13, 2014.

1. HISNHERS5.0

HISNHERS5.0 New Member

Hey,
    I need to know what the forum thinks here. I have my 95 5.0 GT and I want to build a boosted street monster!!
    It currently has the true cobra intake and a BBK cold air , a MSD streetfire coil , and its camed but I don't know what cam it is (bought it that way) and a custom "axel dump" exhaust.. However , I want to throw a 331 scat stroker kit at it and then either a kenne bell supercharger -OR- a twin turbo set up at it. I have heard a lot of guys opinions on both and feel like SN95 will be the place to get the pros and cons of both options so I can make up my mind and start collecting parts.. I do know the difference between a supercharger and a turbo and just wana know your experience with either direction. Benefits , risks , cost , etc...:confused:

Thanks HIS-N-HERS5.0

2. DavidBoren

DavidBoren Active Member

Go twin turbo or big single turbo. The Kenne Bell, while awesome, is not intercooled, so your boost is limited.

With a set of twins or a big single, you can run a good front mount intercooler and/or an A2W intercooler, and as much boost as your block will hold.

You will need transmission upgrades either way. But since you are talking about a dart block stroker, I am guessing you wouldn't neglect to upgrade the transmission.

Just a thought about going big single... get a twin scroll turbo. Route each bank of cylinders to its own side of the split exhaust housing on the turbo.

Good luck with your build, and keep us posted.