I NEED YOUR OPINION!! (Boost build)

HISNHERS5.0

Reaction score
Hey,
I need to know what the forum thinks here. I have my 95 5.0 GT and I want to build a boosted street monster!!
It currently has the true cobra intake and a BBK cold air , a MSD streetfire coil , and its camed but I don't know what cam it is (bought it that way) and a custom "axel dump" exhaust.. However , I want to throw a 331 scat stroker kit at it and then either a kenne bell supercharger -OR- a twin turbo set up at it. I have heard a lot of guys opinions on both and feel like SN95 will be the place to get the pros and cons of both options so I can make up my mind and start collecting parts.. I do know the difference between a supercharger and a turbo and just wana know your experience with either direction. Benefits , risks , cost , etc...:confused:

Thanks HIS-N-HERS5.0

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Go twin turbo or big single turbo. The Kenne Bell, while awesome, is not intercooled, so your boost is limited.

With a set of twins or a big single, you can run a good front mount intercooler and/or an A2W intercooler, and as much boost as your block will hold.

You will need transmission upgrades either way. But since you are talking about a dart block stroker, I am guessing you wouldn't neglect to upgrade the transmission.

Just a thought about going big single... get a twin scroll turbo. Route each bank of cylinders to its own side of the split exhaust housing on the turbo.

Good luck with your build, and keep us posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online