I think my car is running lean!?

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
So it runs fine until it warms up. Then is starts to spit and sputter when i'm cruising at a steady speed but if im accelerating it's fine. I'm lost as to why it's doing this. I noticed it after i washed the engine bay. it's totally fine (warm or cold) when it's just idleing. my a/f (although it is just the autometer lightshow) it stays towards the lean side when i'm cruising. any ideas?

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
Before operating temp it runs off a set mode not the sensors. You might want to clean the maf while you are there. I wash my S281 and it did the samething and it took me a while to realize that water got pass the boots on the spark plugs.

Whistler98

Reaction score
Yeah I bet you just got water passed the boots. You have to be careful when spraying off the motor. When I changed my intake I got coolant everwhere, starter up and it was fine then it started missing and stuff. Here I just didn't get all the water outta the spark plugs. blu them out with compressed air and had a nice green fog comin outta there, ran fine after that. I would just pull the boots and blow them out hopefully that will fix your probs.

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
i used a shop vac to clean out what i could. but the spark plugs (only a month old) were black when i pulled them but the passenger side ones were almost brand new looking :dunno: i put new plugs on the driver's side and it still has a little bit of a "miss" when it's at operating temp but not all the time now. ;i am totally stumped now :dunno:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
4.6 Gt ragtop

Members online