iac mod

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
I think the guy who had it before him was an old guy and never modded it. He has done all the work since he got it and I don't think he has done it. I can ask him later to double check..

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
I just asked him and he said he didn't do it and it's never beend one on his car.... When you are at a complete stop, in neutral and reve it up it drops a lot faster than an auto...
at least from my opinion

atrainsgt

Reaction score
Its probably because the engine in that '94(5.0) is a totally different engine than the 4.6 in ours.

atrainsgt

Reaction score
As far as I know they all do it, auto or manual. That should have no effect on the hanging idle. The difference is with an auto it doesn't really matter if it hangs or not.

voidfinger

Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
Well I know autos have SHITTY throttle responce compared to manuals but hopefully with that stall, jmod and gears it won't be as much of a problem haah.

Also I noticed when reving my car compared to when my friend revs his 94 50 5speed, his revs up then drops right back down... autos rev up then slowly drop back down to idle.... it's kinda annoying, that's what I meant by shitty throttle response...

Thats why i would do it with an auto... its embarasing and people laugh at you when you rev up at them... lol

atrainsgt

Reaction score
With a fairly stock GT, Theres not much reason to be revving up at anyone :rollinglaugh: Except some Honda's but yeah thats the only reason I would do it on an auto but honestly my RPMS still hang around 1200 they drop quick to that point but hang around there for a couple seconds and that is after the mod, the hole is 3/16.

atrainsgt

Reaction score
Dude that was hilarious. I guess we expect our rpm's to drop down like that little Honda or what ever it was. Caravan of revving cars driving by lol :rollinglaugh:

voidfinger

Reaction score
naw, we were making a video for a member of the group that is moving to Germany b/c they recruited him because he has a masters or something ... anyway, yea, we all reved when we went by the camera going into the garage at school and mine you could hear the whole time going into the garage.....

Goldmember

Reaction score
Did this a couple months back and was pleased, now my idle likes to sit at 1700 RPM when the motor's cold but I think that's the IAC telling me it's gonna die soon. Like kicking down an old carb'd car from fast idle, if I blip the throttle idle drops to normal.

I liked the hanging idle at first but it got annoying pretty quickly. Personal taste, I guess.

atrainsgt

Reaction score
I totally agree, its very annoying. Same thing on mine though, if I tap the throttle it will drop back down.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online