If you could build a motor on a budget for your stang...what would it be?

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
97blackgt said:
isnt there a version of a 351 bored and stroked.?something like a 383...i would think that would be a cheap build and would be fast as well

Yep. You can bore and stroke a 351 all the way up to a 460. With a World block, you can bore a 302 up to 385. My 427 is a bored and stroked World 351 based block.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Fets said:
Thanks Jeff. So hows this look for starters...

The PI Swap stage 2 kit which is here http://www.powerheads.com/headswap.html. Scroll down to the bottom. Would this kit hvae everything needed to install?

That is the kit I have. ported, springs, valves, ect, I also have their "hot street" cams.
you can put in another cam if you like. VT or Crower.
It comes with everything you need to install it.
If you have questions, you can call Ralph there. He's helped me out, and is great on the phone with questions and such.
Tell him your a member on SN95forums. He's toying with the idea of becomeing a forum sponsor, but he's really busy, and keeps putting it off.
I can ask him about a discount if you decide to go that way - let me know.

You can also find headswap kits on ebay, but they don't have any options for porting ect.

remember, with the headswap, your compression goes up. this is NOT a big deal, especially if you get it tuned.

If you want to add boost later, and forge it up, get the right rotating assembly to drop the compression down between 8-9:1 and your good to go big numbers.

anyway, that's it in a nutshell.

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thanks Jeff! Helped me out tons, like always :)
I vote you the SN95 Member of the year or month or week or day or whatever!!!!

So how much HP/TQ would I see if I did the stage 2 and went with the "Hot street" cams like you did?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I gained 95 RWHP and 45 TQ.

and the power band moves up.

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nice. Im so excited and I Just can't hide it!!!!

JUICED

Reaction score
if youre going to go to the trouble of going to a diffrent motor...

460.. even a mild 460 build will get you over the 400 rwhp mark on pump gas :dancing6:

if you stay 4.6... PI swap + boost = bad.. the pi swap bumps compression, unless you buy pistons with that in mind that lower it back down

4point6GT

Reaction score
Fets said:
Nice. Im so excited and I Just can't hide it!!!!

thats exactly what im gonna be doing thanks to DAL O0.....we should do it together :drunk: ;D

4point6GT

Reaction score
:slap: come on now fellas quit with ur homo tendecies we talkin about cars here :hammer:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would just rebuild your 4.6 2V, switching to a pushrod isn't just an engine swap so the extra costs will mount up quickly (trans/k-member/ecu etc) and 5.4 swap is a good idea as long as its a 4V.

Build your engine, get a new forged shortblock from VT Engines and get some ported heads and cams.

If you wanna go cheap then just do a pi swap with ported heads/cams like the package Dalamar did and that will make your car feel like a rocket compared to now. Then later down the road you can add the forged shortblock and supercharger.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markstang73

Members online