Ignition switch drain?

Walking Tall

Reaction score
Okay so i've tried several new switches. The first one didn't work cus it was just a bad run of the part and was missing pins.the second and third new ignition switch cylinders I tried both seated just the same as the original part. They move to start, run, and acc just fine. However neither of them would turn counterclockwise all the way to release the key. So new ignitions won't turn back all the way, but the old part does. Double and triple checked the part number and they're all correct. I'm lost as to why this is a problem. Any ideas??

Are you pushing the release lever on the column to take the key out. I didn't have to use mine whem my clyinder went bad.

OP
OP
I

i94ponycar

Reaction score
Lol oh well. Thanks for bringing that up though!! Why does it need a lever?? Weird.

Okay so I remover fuse 8 at night and it does start in the mornings now, but the crank is verrry slow, maybe 5 seconds to ten seconds. Whats up with that??

Also, do the amps go through fuse 8??

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Not sure offhand what is listed in the manual? STarting slow sounds like you either have a weak battery or that there might still be a draw on it draining it slowly. When you pulled that fuse out what did the current reading drop too?

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Lol oh well. Thanks for bringing that up though!! Why does it need a lever?? Weird.

Okay so I remover fuse 8 at night and it does start in the mornings now, but the crank is verrry slow, maybe 5 seconds to ten seconds. Whats up with that??

Also, do the amps go through fuse 8??

Amps is a measure of current flow. Or use of electricity.
The fuse box is where the use of electricity is split into other smaller circuits.

OP
OP
I

i94ponycar

Reaction score
Fyi I unplugged both amps and all is well now. I just need to wire in my amp out of the old ride so I can get my music back.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
If you have an aftermarket deck its a 20 min SUPER-easy wiring bypass to power the speakers off of the deck power. Sounds better then the stock amps anyway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online