Illuminated interior switches?

07GtS197

Reaction score
Ive been gathering parts to add ambient lights under the dash and seats to add more light to my 02 gt when I got to thinking if it was possible to add lighted switches. I know a few years of crown vics, f150s and explorers (and their sister models) used the same steering wheel and maybe some came with illuminated cruise control buttons. I read that the explorers did but I dont know for sure, maybe you guys would know?

It also looks like the same vehicles above used similar window switches but were illuminated. But they look like they may be slightly bigger. Can anyone measure and confirm? I might buy a few switches myself to try if all fails.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’d thought about this same stuff before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
Ive been thinking about selling my 07 and putting more time and money into the 02. When I bought the 02 I wanted to do things outside the box. Everyone buys a new edge gt and what do they do? Buy a cai, x pipe and flowmasters lol. Thats what got me thinking about this. Ill have to go to the boneyard to check out other models with similar window and cruise control switches.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea I thought about it when my ranger had lit switches. Till the lights burned out and I realized I didn't care after all.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if the clock spring setup in our cars has the additional wiring spots to illuminate the leds. May be more parts than just the switches involved in the cruise control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
I think Im still going to investigate this a little further anyway. Its probably going to be fruitless though.

As far as the cruise goes, Im sure youre right but I bet the illumination could be piggybacked off maybe the cruise on button as long as it has acc power. Not ideal but if it uses leds current draw shouldnt really be an issue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online