I'm Back in the Saddle Again!

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Well as some or most may know my dang GT was having major issues. What I, and many many others THOUGHT was a fuel related issue... And then today I jacked up my Grand Am to fix a leaking fuel line, and while unsnapping the clip that holds in the 2 brake lines and 3, yes 3, fuel lines.. Obviously the rusted out brake line couldn't take it anymore and popped a nice sized hole in it. I knew right then and there it was DONE for a minute because I have to track the brake line to the next fitting location which us up towards the front of the car, and the leak is far in the back. Tried to move it to get the Mustang out after putting it all back together and brake pedal went to the floor and I had to rip the e-brake to stop it. Getting it into the garage was rather fun stopping with nothing but the e-brake..

Then we decided at about 12:30am we were gonna pull the coils tonight and do the spark plugs tomorrow since it would be easier to try to fix the Mustang's issue than the Grand Am. Well we disassembled the intake, plenum, and fuel rails, pulled the coils and grabbed a mini led flashlight (Autozone had em on sale 2 for $5 good deal!) What we saw in there gave us the exact answer we needed as to why it was running like such shit. Filling 4, out of the EIGHT plug chambers was water! Apparently when my buddy hosed off my engine water slid it's way under the COP's and into those chambers! Meaning the car was running at half power. Which explaind a lot because I couldn't even get on the highway at a decent speed, a damned prius could have outrun me lmao!

So we used a vacuum with a funnel mod (cut a funnel up and taped it to the end of the vacuum to get down in the chamber) and sucked most of it out, and blew the rest out, and all over the engine bay haha. While I did that my buddy took my COP's apart and cleaned them all up and die-electric'd all of them and we reinstalled everything. Rolled it out of the garage and into the street and fired it up. And boy were we relieved to see she got her balls back! Took her out for a spin and spun through first and second. Thank gosh it was something simple as that.

Just thought I'd share this with all my bud's because I'm so happy to be back in it after 2 looong months without it!

O and this is what it looked like in his garage LOL
20121201_232943.jpg

20121201_234705.jpg

Yeah boyee runnin grill-less with not Mach delete lol!

RichV

Reaction score
I love it when she gets her balls back! I lol'd on that one. :)

It's nice when it's the simple stuff. Too bad you didn't find it sooner.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
cool, now take it easy on her till spring...when i go up to see my dad we should have a little ohio mustangs meet.

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Always feels good to solve a problem

That it does my friend

I love it when she gets her balls back! I lol'd on that one. :)

It's nice when it's the simple stuff. Too bad you didn't find it sooner.

Haha I knew somebody would laugh at that, because I know I did!

And yeah isn't that the truth? I wouldn't drive it for about 2 months because of something that easy. O well the way I look at it, it's that much money I've saved on NOT buying premium gas haha

cool, now take it easy on her till spring...when i go up to see my dad we should have a little ohio mustangs meet.

Actually me and Anthony were thinking the exact same thing about the Ohio Mustangs meet last night lol we gotta get you up here! And don't worry I don't plan on driving it too much with this crap weather, just till I get the Grand Am fixed, or maybe till I run this tank of gas out lol

how long was the water in the motor?

I wanna say right around 2 months. May only be a month and a half not exactly sure. Only drove on it about 30mi, I couldn't stand being in a Mustang that a bicycle is probably faster than

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks Chris! I was thinking the exact same thing! I was dreading having to possibly replace coils on the beast, when I'm tryin to save up for my TT kit lol. Plugs I have, but coils are a tad pricey! I'm glad to look out the window and see it sitting there, driveable :)

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Woah I didn't know you had a cobra o_O

tapatalkin'

That's my buddy's Cobra lol. It's an 01, sittin on wheel jacks in the garage

I want to see pics of those sexy tail lights I sold ya. LoL

They're on the car now, you can KINDA see them in the first pic lol but I know it just looks super dark. Maybe I'll snap some tomorrow for ya :) My man they look sexy as can be!

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
PS: always, always, always cover coils, battery, alternator, and exposed wires when hosing the engine bay.

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
This happened to my Lincoln numerous times. Mine would just leak in from rain water so eventually after replacing the same packs twice I had to replace the coil covers and cowl seal (and one valve cover because the bolt holes stripped out). Never did it again.

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
nice!!! looking forward to some videos (hint hint)

Haha shoot I was just in it tonight I could have attempted to shoot and shift... I should get one of those dash things for my Note 2!

PS: always, always, always cover coils, battery, alternator, and exposed wires when hosing the engine bay.

I guess you could say I learned the hard way... Battery was covered, alt wasn't and nor were the coils, obviously lol. But thanks for the info, if I ever muster up the courage to hose it off again I'll be sure to cover it all up!

This happened to my Lincoln numerous times. Mine would just leak in from rain water so eventually after replacing the same packs twice I had to replace the coil covers and cowl seal (and one valve cover because the bolt holes stripped out). Never did it again.

I had actually thought it was the rain at first because I started having issues when driving home from work one night, in the rain, after it had been raining all day long. It's been raining recently tho and no issues so I think it had to have been my own stupidity. That sucks about your Lincoln tho man, from what I read (I think) you've had nothing but issues when working on that car. I guess we should stick to towels, rags and tooth brushes lol

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Chris I got your pic comin man gimme a sec..

EDIT: Here's your pic Chris :) My vertigo was destroying me all day, I didn't have the marbles to leave until about 1:00, at which point I still don't think I should have been driving. Here they are at night, in a Wal Mart parking lot! Me and my buddies and even my old man love the tails man!

20121204_011344.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online