IMSA Racing

oilspill

Reaction score
With the Rolex24 at Daytona qualifying going on, wanted to see if anyone else watches and keeps up with the series?

I am a die hard fan pulling for #16 Porsche in GTD. Go to Petit le man every year and watch every race.

Anybody else? All my friends think I’m crazy and call it “amateur racing”

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm an IndyCar die hard with IMSA being my #2. I look forward to Daytona every year but I was disappointed to hear the new GTP/LMDh cars are slower than the DPi cars. Watched Sebastien Bourdais do his rundown with Marshall Pruett the last couple days and the new cars really seems to be a handful. Should make for an interesting race at least, I just hate going backwards speed wise.

OP
OP
oilspill

oilspill

Reaction score
I'm an IndyCar die hard with IMSA being my #2. I look forward to Daytona every year but I was disappointed to hear the new GTP/LMDh cars are slower than the DPi cars. Watched Sebastien Bourdais do his rundown with Marshall Pruett the last couple days and the new cars really seems to be a handful. Should make for an interesting race at least, I just hate going backwards speed wise.
I think they will come around but probably still in line if not a touch faster than DPI.

IMSA was clearly nervous and made a BOP change to LMP2. Would be embarrassing to have a LMP2 on the top step!

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think they will come around but probably still in line if not a touch faster than DPI.

IMSA was clearly nervous and made a BOP change to LMP2. Would be embarrassing to have a LMP2 on the top step!
Yeah you give some hunter killers like Scotty McLaughlin and Josef Newgarden a track weapon that can brake later than every GTP car and they could be a real problem for the top class.

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nice! Got a certain team you pull for?

Le Mans is a goal trip! Would love to go with my old man some year.
I'm curious to see who gets the factory Mustang GTD Pro program. You would have thought Ganassi again, but they're running the Caddy GTP program. Can't think of any top flight teams that aren't already on the grid.

OP
OP
oilspill

oilspill

Reaction score
I'm curious to see who gets the factory Mustang GTD Pro program. You would have thought Ganassi again, but they're running the Caddy GTP program. Can't think of any top flight teams that aren't already on the grid.
I thought it was going to be a Multimatic team?

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’m a fan of the series but don’t follow any particular team.
That's how I am too, although if you put a gun to my head I'd say I really like Mike Shank and love seeing him get the success he deserves.

OP
OP
oilspill

oilspill

Reaction score
That's how I am too, although if you put a gun to my head I'd say I really like Mike Shank and love seeing him get the success he deserves.
Dinner with racers podcast did a few episodes with him. Seems like a guy I’d like to have some beers with for sure

Reaction score
I don't follow any motorsports even though the wife and I ride down to Ennis most years to watch the Fall Nationals. But I do like IMSA and similar series. I tend to like things that push the bounds and endurance racing definitely does that.

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't follow any motorsports even though the wife and I ride down to Ennis most years to watch the Fall Nationals. But I do like IMSA and similar series. I tend to like things that push the bounds and endurance racing definitely does that.
That's why IndyCar is my favorite. The Indy 500 has 33 cars going into turn 1 at 240+ mph. Don't know how they fit their balls in their fire suits.

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Taking my boys to Monster Jam for the first time today so going to miss the first couple hours of the race. Post some highlights for me if anything crazy happens.

OP
OP
oilspill

oilspill

Reaction score
Taking my boys to Monster Jam for the first time today so going to miss the first couple hours of the race. Post some highlights for me if anything crazy happens.
Have fun! Hopefully you don’t miss much.

I’m not excited…BOP will have the GTD Porsches in the back of the field running 2-3 seconds off the pace. Disappointing

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Have fun! Hopefully you don’t miss much.

I’m not excited…BOP will have the GTD Porsches in the back of the field running 2-3 seconds off the pace. Disappointing
Based on everything I have seen it sounds like the real concern is whether or not an LMP2 car wins the overall. If the GTP cars can't stay clean it seems like they are screwed because none of them have spare parts due to supply chain issues. The most minor incidents could be catastrophic for the GTP cars hopes at getting a Rolex.

Reaction score
That's why IndyCar is my favorite. The Indy 500 has 33 cars going into turn 1 at 240+ mph. Don't know how they fit their balls in their fire suits.
I just can't get excited about watching drivers chase their tails. NHRA is my favorite because there is simply nothing else as insane as going from zero to over 300 in less than four seconds. But I enjoy road racing because it resembles my daily commute.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online