In a hell of a bind on a turbo build's ignition.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I'm a lil confuse. You trying to make the 91-93 msd distributor work with the wiring.. from the 94/95..
And use the box at the same time..

OP
OP
T

Turbo94GTDallas

Reaction score
Correct msd part # 8582 the box has mag outputs I just cant figure out how to incorporate the TFI. The diag shows you interrupt the signal between the coil insert either companies harness (tfi adapter) and it leaves you with 4 wires to wire in the box. That same diag shows the magnetic pickup wires not being used. So this dist could be a Mallory or any other brand the two wires do the same and the two leads off all the boxes do the same its the tfi on the fender i'm worried about. I'm inclined to just buy the adapter see how its wired and make the changes across the engine bay but that still leaves a 8 pin dist plug unused and doesn't seem like it will send the signals necessary to light the injectors.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
But why not use the correct distributor and the harness and wire it up just like the diagram shows so you don't have to worry about any thing else. The msd distributor is no better than the stock unit..

OP
OP
T

Turbo94GTDallas

Reaction score
If the msd is less of a dist. than the msd I will look into that. Was trying to keep it as close to the way it was less efi as I could i'm putting hard numbers on this block and don't wanna break. It was stabbed timed and wired so just left it that way saw two wires from it two from the box did not see a big deal. "over complicate things" hahah story of my life you should see the wiring and piping below ; )

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
A lot of people complain about the MSD been inferior to the stock distributor. I use one no complains. Now trying to keep it less efi. It's prob not the best way to keep it from blowing up.. nothing beats a proper tune..

OP
OP
T

Turbo94GTDallas

Reaction score
No sorry that was misleading I have to get it running to get it over there. On a normal 94-95 turbo build how is the ignition set up?

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I didn't do anything special to my(sc).. colder plugs tune up, all the timing can be done in the tune. You can get a base tune To get it started. But your best bet is to get it towed to get a tune.. some people like msd boxes and stuff..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online