info on 87-95 mustangs

aceman484

Reaction score
:help2: :help2: :help2:yea so in about a year im going to buy a mustang through the years of 87-95 with 40k-70k miles on it with a price range from $2,000-$9,500 depends on the condition of the car. so some thangs that i would like ta know are......

1. When people say its a 94-98 vert what does "vert" mean?
2. where can i look to buy mustangs besides on here and in my area (zip=19342)
3.what do i need to know bout maintaing my mustang when i buy it?
4. Should i get a foxer or a sn95?

thanks ya'll for all yer help ill be readin through your reply comments.........

p.s. im hopen to learn a bunch about mustangs from this site but right now i am actually more in to the foxers but im stll not sure which is a better buy foxer of a sn95 :banana: :banana: :banana: :bunny3: :bunny3: O0

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
aceman484 said:
1. When people say its a 94-98 vert what does "vert" mean?
2. where can i look to buy mustangs besides on here and in my area (zip=19342)
3.what do i need to know bout maintaing my mustang when i buy it?
4. Should i get a foxer or a sn95?

• Vert refers to convertibles.
  • ebay, craigslist, local forums, auto trader, etc. all have searchable cars for sale
  • The more you know about them the better. Especially these older cars because most of them arent' perfect
  • It's all preference, but dollar for dollar, a 5.0 will get you farther.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
i have a fox and a sn95....i would say depending on what you plan on doing with it the sn is better...better frame and a nice interior and thats where you spend all your time.....plus you still get the 5.0 motor O0 im auctually thinking of selling my 93 gt vert since i have gotten my 94 thats how much i like the platform

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Awesome man! I'm excited for ya! I remember when i first got mine more than a few years ago now and i'll never forget it. :boink:

1. A: Vert is simply the shortened "slang" version of Convertible which of course means it has a convertible top. This can be used for all cars available with this option.

2. A: A good place to look is on www.autotrader.com , thats actually where i found mine! Theres also many other sites like it. www.ebaymotors.com being one of them, but i'd be careful of any car that youre looking at on there thats not local that you couldnt drive out to take a look at.

3. A: The same goes for mustangs (V8 and V6) as it does for most other cars. The simple things you want to keep up with include: Changing your oil and filter every 3000 miles or every 3 months, also to keep an eye on your antifreeze/coolant in your radiator, as well as on your rotors and brake pads/ shoes, tranny fluid is also another thing to keep up with, usually you should change and flush it out every 10,000 miles or so if its sealed up nice and tight and you have no problems or leaks, some like to change it more often though, sometimes along with the oil/filter change. Another thing to keep an eye on could be your air filter and fuel filter as changing these when they need to be changed/cleaned helps keep up your cars top performance. There are also some other things that i may have forgotten but i'm sure these other guys will add some things.

4. A: Haha, you will get many different responses to this question as there are enthusiasts on both sides of this mustang spectrum. Personally i would go with a nice SN95, but i'm biased as i do have one myself lol.

In any case, good luck on your search whenever you may start it and remember to get on here as much as you can and do as much research about the stang you want as you can, knowing as much as you can about a mustang or any car for that matter, before you even buy it is the best thing to do in all cases. Have fun man, cause it will be!

:banana:

OP
OP
A

aceman484

Reaction score
yea im thankin of the foxers cause of the style but im also thankin about a sn95 cause of the better condition there in and plus if i can get more money for another car then ill get a foxer and just get a sn95 for my first car

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
I forgot to add, no matter what, you must get a 5.0, DO NOT listen to the 4.6 fanboys. ;D

A 5.0 motor will get you more horsepower per dollar than pretty much any platform out there, plus the FACT that they are incredibly reliable, when properly maintained they are DIE HARD motors and almost impossible to break if you are responsible.

Another couple of things that i forgot to mention is your battery, if you get a good one youre pretty much set for the cars life depending on how much you keep it from draining and that it doesnt die itself. Also your cars belts, nothing sucks worse than a belt snapping! Its called being stranded where ever you are and the direct recipe for a flatbed. A good way to tell if you need a new belt is when you begin to visually see wear in it and especially when the groves of the engine pulleys itself actually start to make groves in the belt!

SN95 5.0 (94-95), YOU CANT GO WRONG!
:banana:

Suspect

Reaction score
i know where u can get a nice fox for $2500. some decent mods and wheels. ;)

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
on a ribbed belt its needs replacing when any 1" section has 3 or more cracks...just figured i would throw that in there.. ;D also keep up on wipers....working a parts store you would be surprised the amount of people that totally ignore them and then it rains and their in a mad dash for a parts store lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online