Info on heads

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
From those pics, those are factory cast iron E7 heads. If you have a video of it running post it.

If they didn’t give you info on the cam then I’d be curious what is actually in there. Everything I’m seeing looks like either factory parts or part store stock items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beyondEOD

Reaction score
From those pics, those are factory cast iron E7 heads. If you have a video of it running post it.

If they didn’t give you info on the cam then I’d be curious what is actually in there. Everything I’m seeing looks like either factory parts or part store stock items.

Now I can see the pictures. Yep those have rust. Cast for sure.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
95mattstar08

95mattstar08

Reaction score
But I have seen rust deposits in water jackets on aluminum Chevy heads too I will send more pics this afternoon when I scrape old gaskets off

beyondEOD

Reaction score
Casting info is usually in the valvetrain area of the head and you could use a mirror to look under the head in the valley for numbers. Maybe E7TE will be under there.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ok but a magnet won't stick to them at all that what made me wonder about that

Little science class for ya. Iron, when repeatedly heated and cooled......which our motors do repeatedly every day...... loses its magnetic characteristics. So old cast iron heads generally don’t stick to magnets well

As far as the comment about seeing rust puddles on aluminum Chevy heads goes. Coolant rust motors from the inside and if there any coolant sitting it may appear rusty. Aluminum doesn’t rust, period. It oxidizes and looks like white powdery substance.

I just wanna take this time to thank Mr. Wizard for enlightening us as children and teaching us crazy science stuff. Stuff like how you can use rubbing alcohol to light your hand on fire for a few seconds without getting burnt [emoji1787]

07GtS197

Reaction score
Did you remove those exhaust bolts or were they missing to begin with?

OP
OP
95mattstar08

95mattstar08

Reaction score
Little science class for ya. Iron, when repeatedly heated and cooled......which our motors do repeatedly every day...... loses its magnetic characteristics. So old cast iron heads generally don’t stick to magnets well

As far as the comment about seeing rust puddles on aluminum Chevy heads goes. Coolant rust motors from the inside and if there any coolant sitting it may appear rusty. Aluminum doesn’t rust, period. It oxidizes and looks like white powdery substance.

I just wanna take this time to thank Mr. Wizard for enlightening us as children and teaching us crazy science stuff. Stuff like how you can use rubbing alcohol to light your hand on fire for a few seconds without getting burnt [emoji1787]

Thanks man

OP
OP
95mattstar08

95mattstar08

Reaction score
Casting info is usually in the valvetrain area of the head and you could use a mirror to look under the head in the valley for numbers. Maybe E7TE will be under there.

Thanks beyondEOD this is the first ford I have ever owned man I was chevy for years and could tell u about anything with them but have always like these sn95's

OP
OP
95mattstar08

95mattstar08

Reaction score
Uuuhhhh.......the first thing you posted you were trying to figure out if the were iron or aluminum. Did we miss the post where you came back and told us what the heads are???

Factory heads are iron and your post made it sound like they are factory

They factory heads

Boostr1

Reaction score
Oh you were wondering if the sn95s came with aluminum or cast from the factory. 94-95 5.0 had cast iron heads 96-99 4.6 aluminum S/DOHCs

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010