Installing my typhoon intake soon need pointers

Kornnut

Reaction score
Sure you guys have seen where I just painted it, so my next move is to actually get it on the car lol. I know which gaskets to get, and found out on SN any elbow will work. Is there a good write up for installing one? Pics are great. How do all the vacuum lines hook up? Just general tips would be great.

OP
OP
K

Kornnut

Reaction score
Me and a friend installed one a few years ago on his 95. Wasn't to bad, but I am going it alone this time. Thanks for the link.

BOS-94-003

Reaction score
Pick up some injector O'rings from your local parts store soyoull haver new ones when you put it back tgether. They are only about 6-84 for a set of 8.

Downshift

Reaction score
Be careful on the front two lower intake bolts because they seem to like rust and I had one almost in half from rust and the other well half of it is still in my passenger side head.

When you take the dizzy out make damn sure you know where its pointing so when you put it back in you dont have to line it all back up cause its a pain in the ass. Get a new pcv valve they are cheap and you might as well. If you have nasty vac lines get those replaced too. Make sure you torque down the upper and lower in the right sequence. Give your egr a good cleaning and try not to drop anything down the ports into the combustion chamber lol. Cant think of anything else most of that is common sense but thought I would remind ya. Take lots of pics for us if you can.

Downshift

Reaction score
Ya if I were to do it over again I would have soaked those two front bolts in PB blaster before attempting to loosen them. Goodluck man!

OP
OP
K

Kornnut

Reaction score
I shall be purchasing all this soon. I need to find a used elbow first. :banana:

scootin95gts

Reaction score
well from the chart below it doesnt flow near as good as the other intakes and for the extra 200 dollars is it really worth it to buy this and do all the prep for it to look nice? i mean i can get a new cobra upper and lower for 360??

OP
OP
K

Kornnut

Reaction score
scootin95gts said:
well from the chart below it doesnt flow near as good as the other intakes and for the extra 200 dollars is it really worth it to buy this and do all the prep for it to look nice? i mean i can get a new cobra upper and lower for 360??

I got it used at a really good price.

Suspect

Reaction score
derrr. i feel stupid. in the link i posted. :slap: trickflow isnt on it, what the shit. ???

Downshift

Reaction score
Ya I kinda figured he meant that but there is no Typhoon intake on there. And as for the trickflows I have looked before and I cant find any kind of flow numbers on them at all.

JBCleary

Reaction score
Kornnut said:
Sure you guys have seen where I just painted it, so my next move is to actually get it on the car lol. I know which gaskets to get, and found out on SN any elbow will work. Is there a good write up for installing one? Pics are great. How do all the vacuum lines hook up? Just general tips would be great.

Not sure if you posted previous threeds on this so you may already have done this BUT make sure you port match this intake to the intake gasket and upper intake to lower. These are way out of spec! I,m assembling a 351W stroker with one of these and have done the porting. Makes a big dif for performance. Also ported the 75mm TB to the intake as the Typhone is only 70mm.
I'm just saving up for heads now and will be puting this beast in my 94. Estimate 440hp and 485 ft lbs on pump gas NA.
Have fun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevBott