instrument cluster helppp please

xs man 27

Reaction score
I just removed my instrument cluster to fix my odometer gear fix,,, and got everything swapped over however I cant plug the white and black cable from the speedo seems so short and barely will reach... does anyone that has removed there instrument cluster have any help or tips on how to put the instrument cluster plugged back the white and black cable ? does one need to go first to make easier ? any help would be great.. thanks

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Both are pretty short, I have to put my instrument cluster in the hole facing up and hold it with one hand, reach back, connect the black harness, than connect the white harness.

5-oh-MUSTANG

Reaction score
Yea face the cluster up, and only one side in the bezel place. U need to get both ur hands back there to get it in. Just push it in. Wasnt too bad for me.

OP
OP
X

xs man 27

Reaction score
I finally got it, but what a PITA.. but how do you guys with big sausage hands and fingers get in there lol ??? lucky for me I can get my hands in there but boy is that tight and such a back breaker man,,, I had to literally to take a lil break and re think everything and got it..... un lucky for me thought I went and did the odometer gear repair and both my mileage still aren't working ? any ideas ?? maybe its the motor or do I do something wrong ?

OP
OP
X

xs man 27

Reaction score
i had a indiglo gauge kit that the previous owner installed and after today trying to fix my odometer gear i accidently rip off one of the wires for the speedo and rpm gauge... luckly i had another brand new white face reverse kit previous owner had also given me as part of the sale .. so upon installing the new reverse style gauges i come to find out that both my instrument clusters i have ( one that is on car ) other i bought off CL both have stock white face gauges underneath the indiglo .. meaning both clusters i have are from cobra ? i would love to not use the reverse gauges and just do the stock white face cobra gauges with led bulb swap but the white both cobra white face gauges are all stratched and crumby looking and i m better off hiding them with the reverse gauges ..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online