Intake/throttlebody diff.

BOS-94-003

Reaction score
Got a question. Will I be able to tell a difference in power after upgrading my intake and throttlebody from stock to a holley systemax (upper/lower) and a BBK 70mm throttlebody?
Its a 94GT automatic. Current mods are underdrive pulleys, ram air, aftermarket cam, MSD ignition, BBK full length headers, BBK off road h-pipe, flowmaster mufflers, electric exhaust cut outs, shift kit, and 4.10 ring and pinion. I dont know what size the cam is because it was installed prior to me owning the car. Only thing I know about it is that its big and lumpy with a real nice lope while sitting at a stop light :banana:.

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
Yes, definitely. Holley's one of the best intakes out there. The stock heads are will be choking the intake/cam combo but you'll still get a nice boost in hp.

wytstang

Reaction score
Although you will fell some power gains you will lose lowend power. That intake is way to much for what you have, so is the throttle body. Find a nice Cobra as it will work better through the RPM range.

Stangbangin

Reaction score
I would say the Holley is way too big... Anything from a Cobra to a Trick Flow Street Heat will give you good low end for good street manners. As far as throttle bodies go I think any over 70 is too big. I'd say 65mm for the best throttle respon/ tq gain. 70 might be pushing it. In all the stock heads KILL the airflow. but in short yes you'll be able to tell the diff in power. But if you got heads with that intake it'd be night and day

Downshift

Reaction score
Ya im gonna have to agree with them. The holley wouldnt be too bad if you plan on getting something soon like a sc and heads or something but for right now its too much. What are your plans with this car?

Anything is better then stock though, I found a 93 cobra intake and 70mm TB and it made a pretty bid difference. I can REALLY feel where the heads choke em though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online