intercooler on a 1995 vortech stang

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
ok i been thinking about putting an intercooler on my cobra with a vortech blower... people say we cant because of the design vortech made... im wondering if anyone has seen this done before i mean a couple of 3 ply rubber elbows and some custom fabrication i think it can be done and it would help with heat issues in the future hope you guys can help me out lol

OP
OP
S

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
if you see anything please let me know cuz i would love to get some idea's thanks

tealpony

Reaction score
Yes, I have one. Takes some custom metal piping though. Get with me if you're serious and I'll map mine out for you. Might help. ;)

tealpony

Reaction score
I've had a couple of requests so I'm just going to post a few pics up. I bought the vortech and intercooler as a setup already done. If I had it to do over again knowing what I know now, I would probably do this a little differently. here are a few pics of the piping. If you were a fair welder and had enough time, you could just build your own piping. I think it might be better to have an intercooler with inlet and outlet on opposite sides whereas mine has them both on the passenger side. well, here are those pics...
I do have a stock hood and it does close but it's close. However, if the piping was just a little different it would be no problem so it's all in how you build it.

intercooler04.jpg

intercooler05.jpg

engine43.jpg

Don't laugh, there have been some changes. ;) This is just to show the holes for the intake and the intercooler piping. There is a custom K&N in the passenger fender.
21257.jpg

I'm sure tons of people have done this.
Edit: Here's a map.
101075.jpg

Julian Moore

Reaction score
Will that fit on a 5.0. I don't know about the room with th epiping. Tite fit. Nice work and color by the way!!!!

blown.jpg

yellowgt

Reaction score
Julian Moore said:
Will that fit on a 5.0. I don't know about the room with th epiping. Tite fit. Nice work and color by the way!!!!

blown.jpg

Damn man, Your engine bay looks kickass.. :thumb:

OP
OP
S

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
nice clean motor julian..... it can be done and im gonna try it soon itwill be tight but its possible

OP
OP
S

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
julian what did you make for power and is that a stock bottom end?

Julian Moore

Reaction score
Thanks guys...sorry to post highjack this. lol I have a stock cam and block. The car sees 12 pounds of boost, was installed by the great Jimmy C. formerly of Laroccasw Performance and tuned by Dave at Kauffmans. I don't like to talk numbers..you know us racers..but on a safe tune we are just knocking on 475 rwhp 's. Again, teal pony..your car looks killer!!

OP
OP
S

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
lol its ok highjacking has become popular in the past 5 years im used to it.... but those numbers are great....very nice stang

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.