Is there anyway to make the 5.0 exhaust trumpet

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
That White car sounds amazing hopefully my car sounds similar with my bbk long tubes and off road x pipe

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I have a very close setup to that. BBK Longtubes, BBK Catted Midpipe and Bassani catback. It sounds AMAZING and the smoothest exhaust I've heard.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea I'll be swapping out my catback this season for magnaflow for sure . For now I just want to get it running and painted I've taken my sweet ass time with it

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Sounds like you should sell your car and get a 4.6 because that sound is unqiue to those cars.

No can do. Anyway i took the stang to work yesterday. If i press the gas really slow and steady it does trumpet @ 2500 real quiet while driving. Im thinking an o/r H will make it trumpet even louder. I do miss my 97GT exhaust, but my 95 GT looks worlds better.

And please do Brian. I would love to hear how your car sounds with that setup.

blkmcnasty

Reaction score
This reminds me of that intake "whistle" that my car made just before my rebuild. I've never been able to get that sweet air sucking sound with my new setup. Hey Twista I know you love your car with tailpipes, but have you ever tried running dumps for a day? Maybe just to see how loud those spintechs can get?

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
This reminds me of that intake "whistle" that my car made just before my rebuild. I've never been able to get that sweet air sucking sound with my new setup. Hey Twista I know you love your car with tailpipes, but have you ever tried running dumps for a day? Maybe just to see how loud those spintechs can get?

Hehe, my rear end looks like yours:
rr2p75.jpg

I havent had tailpipes in months. I havent tried dumps yet.. just open exit mufflers

blkmcnasty

Reaction score
^^^ Yes, Yes it does. Hey you know if you ever just want to try a different sound I would be willing to trade you my flowmasters for you spintechs for a little while? Unless yours are welded. I too struggle with the never-ending sound possibilities.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
^^^ Yes, Yes it does. Hey you know if you ever just want to try a different sound I would be willing to trade you my flowmasters for you spintechs for a little while? Unless yours are welded. I too struggle with the never-ending sound possibilities.

Ya they are welded, but to a flowmaster catback.. so we can trade easily.. just unbolt and re bolt that section.

I already had flowmasters though. Which series do you have? I never heard 44's yet.

Heres how she sounds: No tail pipes- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4_WevXPY_c

tail pipes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4_TY8hEupk

C.Moser

Reaction score
If you put a nice H/C/I package on there you will be surprised at how much better your 5.0 will sound. I've done this with 2 different 5.0's personally (they were foxes but still the same deal). I put a Trick Flow H/C/I package on both of them and the exhaust sounded so much meaner and "fuller" sounding than they did stock. The cars didn't just get louder; the exhaust note improved tremendously. The 4.6 is just going to sound different than a 5.0 period. There's nothing you can do to change that because they are 2 really different engines. I realize that isn't a cheap mod by any means but it really is worth every penny if you can save up and do it. You could even find a set of GT40 or GT40P heads, an off the shelf cam, and an explorer intake for relatively cheap if you search around. Those parts would also make a difference. The stock 5.0 heads are very restrictive and swapping them out will really open the motor up and allow it to breathe

94mustanggtfast

Reaction score
i have an offroad xpipe with flowmaster 44. i cant hear much in the car but it sounds good on the outside real deep sound but no trumpet

330CubeGt

Reaction score
2nd video sounds identical to my 98 and my buddys 00Gt Both had rotted out Flowmasters. Nothing but a open welded box. Im willing to bet the red car has the same issue.

And asking for a SOHC or DOHC sound of a smaller cubed motor out of a larger OHV motor is like apples and oranges. I don't believe i have ever heard a Pushrod motor even come close to the sound of any Modular motor.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Well guys thats the final straw. Was pumping gas and a 03-04 cobra cruised by. Didn't catch him but we both got stopped a red light. He was the 1st @ the light. Heard his exhaust take off and t he trumpet it made.

Im going to save up for a 03-04 cobra engine from a junked car. Or atlest a 4v 96-01 engine.The 4.6 noise makes me happy :(. Kind of mad i started my 4.6L on fire all over again now.

I can't sell my 5.0 nor can i afford another mustang so this one will have to do. Have a feeling its going to DOWN for a long time after the swap takes place, but deep down inside i know i like the 4.6

miss2slocoupe

Reaction score
i didnt read this whole thread but I feel like when im riding in my car, it sounds like shit. And to be honest a lil ashamed :/ but yesterday Joseph took it for a drive down the road and i was SURPRISED! I didnt sound like panty dropper sexy but it sounded nice! and when he shifted the gears it had such a good rumble

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online

No members online now.